An announcement was made by the State government of Gujarat, in which it said that students can now take admissions in the state Engineering and Degree/Diploma Pharmacy colleges of the state through GUJCET 2017-2018 session onwards.
Gujarat Common Admission Test (GUJCET) is an entrance exam conducted by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses and earlier held the exam as a basis of admission to only Medical, Dental and Pharmacy colleges across the state of Gujarat.
GUJCET 2017: Important Dates
All the important dates related to GUJCET 2017 are mentioned in the table below.
|Application Forms Now Available|
|GUJCET 2017 Official Notification Announcement||1 December 2016|
|Online Application Form Submission Begins||30 March 2017|
|Online Application Form Last Day||16 April 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||May 2017|
|GUJCET 2017 Exam Date||11 May 2017|
GUJCET 2017: Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates have to fulfill certain criteria set across by colleges/institutes under GUJCET 2017 to be eligible for admission.
- The candidate/applicant should be an Indian national.
- The candidate/applicant should be a domicile resident of Gujarat. Resident domiciles of Gujarat residing in other states are also eligible to apply for GUJCET 2017.
- The candidate/applicant should have completed his/her 10+2 from either Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, CBSE, CICSE, NIOS or International School Board. Anyone who is scheduled to complete their 10+2 in 2017 are also eligible to apply for GUJCET 2017.
- The candidate/applicant should score a minimum of 45% in GUJCET 2017. All the reserved category candidates need a minimum of 40%.
GUJCET 2017: Application Form
The GUJCET 2017 application process began on 30 March, 2017, with the application forms being made available since then. The last date to submit the application form is 16 April, 2017. The application fee for GUJCET 2017 is Rs. 300 which is payable by Demand Draft (DD). The candidate/applicant has to register first, fill all the information and take a printout.
The list of documents that need to be submitted along with the application form are the 10th and 12th certificates, category certificate (for reservation), and the school leaving certificate.
Admission Committee for Professional Courses
L.D. College of Engineering Campus,
Ahmedabad - 380015
GUJCET 2017: Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of GUJCET 2017 is listed as follows,
- Examination Mode: Offline
- Duration of the exam: 3 hours
- Medium of Examination: English, Hindi and Gujarati
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Examination Subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Total No. of Questions: 120
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks to be deducted for each incorrect answer
GUJCET 2017: Exam Centres
|No.||Test Centre||No.||Test Centre|
GUJCET 2017: Participating Institutes
|No.||Name of the Institute - GUJCET 2017||Seats|
|1||Nirma University, Ahmedabad||780|
|2||Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar||300|
|3||Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar||300|
|4||Dharmsinh Desai University, Nadiad||612|
|5||Adani Institute of Infrastructure Engineering, Ahmedabad||120|
|6||Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, Ahmedabad||720|
|7||Shantilal Shah Engineering College, Bhavnagar||1020|
|8||Lukhdhirji Engineering College, Morbi||510|
|9||Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management, Ahmedabad||150|
|10||Government Engineering College, Rajkot||540|
GUJCET 2017: Reservation of Seats
|Categories||% of Reserved Seats|
|Scheduled Class (SC)||7%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||15%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Class (EBC); includes widows and orphans||27%|
|Economically Weaker Sections that are not reserved||10%|
|Children of Defense Personnel and Ex-Servicemen||1%|
|Application Forms Now Available|