JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
JEE (Main) is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for admission to undergraduate engineering programs such as the Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) and Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.). JEE (Main) 2019 is to be held in 8 sessions from 6 Jan 2019 to 20 Jan 2019 and 7 April 2019 to 21 April 2019.
Here's a look at the JEE Main exam pattern and syllabus:
JEE (Main) exam pattern 2019
The 2018 JEE consists of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates may take Paper 1, Paper 2 or both depending on the courses the candidates will apply to. Both the papers would be of 3 hours duration each.
Language of question paper:
- You can opt for your question paper in either Hindi or English medium.
- Candidates opting for exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli have the option for question papers in Gujarati medium as well apart from Hindi & English.
- You must choose the question paper's language while filling out the JEE Main application form.
Read: About JEE Main 2019
|Application Forms Now Available|
Here are the subjects covered in the papers, the type and mode of questions, and the courses for which each paper has to be taken.
- If you're applying for B.E. or B.Tech. courses, you should appear for Paper 1 of JEE Main.
- If you're applying for B.Arch or B.Planning courses, you should appear for Paper 2 of JEE Main.
Marking scheme for JEE (Main) computer based exam
The question paper would have objective type questions with four options as answers to every question. There is only one correct response out of the four options. Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks. One-fourth marks i.e. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer to a question. If a question if left unanswered, no marks will be deducted.
The number of attempts for JEE Main is limited to 03
JEE (Main) syllabus 2019
The JEE (Main) syllabus has been listed in detail with topics that need to be covered in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry. The syllabus for the Aptitude Test (of Paper 2 for B.Arch/ B.Planning courses) has also been listed in detail. Please refer to the document attached: