JEE - Main 2017: 6 do's and don'ts in the exam hall, exam on Sunday
One of the most important entrance exams for engineering aspirants is round the corner. The Joint Entrance Exam Main (JEE - Main) 2017 is tomorrow on 2 April, Sunday. This entrance exam will take you a step closer to JEE – Advanced and further on to get admission into the famous Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and other technical institutes across the country. We are sure that most of you are quite prepared and are getting in some last minute revision. We thought we should share a list of do’s and don’ts with you so you sit through the examination seamlessly.
JEE - Main 2017 Exam Centres
So, let us get started.
- Read the instructions given very carefully: We all have heard of this ‘instruction’ umpteen number of times in our lives. However, it is very important to understand this because it will get you through the exam with ease. Since most of you would have attempted many mock tests while preparing for JEE - Main you would be familiar with the instructions given. However, we advise you to go through them again on the main exam day and understand the marking scheme carefully before you begin attempting the examination. There is a reason instructions are given and hence it is important that you know them at the back of your hand.
- Give the question paper a glance: Yes, it is probably the biggest and toughest entrance exams that you will attempt. However, do not rush to answer as soon as the question paper is handed out. Take a few minutes to glance through the question paper and gauge the difficulty level of the questions and answer them accordingly. You can even categorise the questions into groups of ‘very difficult’, ‘moderately difficult’, ‘easy’, ‘very easy’ and ‘not to be attempted’. It will give you a sense of where you stand in terms of attempting the question paper.
- Fill the OMR sheets carefully: It is very important that you get this section right. Take your time to fill out the OMR sheet and make sure your colouring the right boxes in the right order. Check if you have filled in your Roll Number, Name, Date of Birth, Centre Code, among other, correctly. If you get stuck somewhere, feel free to approach the invigilator.
- Don’t put your bet on guesswork: If luck is on your side on Sunday, you will still manage to get some of your answers right based merely on guesswork. It is however inadvisable to put your energy into guesswork. It is risky and you might end up losing marks if your guesswork does not add up to the right answer. If you are hesitant about the answer or do not know the answer at all, do not answer it.
- Don’t break your head over one question: One should know that JEE – Main is a time-based engineering entrance exam and hence you cannot brood over one question for long. If it is taking too long for you to figure out an answer to the question at hand, leave it for the time being, move on and come back once you have finished attempting the entire question set. JEE – Main is a 3-hour exam and the question paper contains 90 questions in it. Time management is paramount in such a case.
- Keep yourself positive: As clichéd as it sounds, being positive is key. We will not advise on what you should do to keep yourself positive; whatever works for you is good enough. Just make sure that when you sit in the exam hall, you have a calm and positive attitude which will help you sail through the exam with ease.
Good luck guys!
|Application Forms Now Available|