JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The Joint Entrance Examination (Main) i.e. JEE (Main) is the common entrance exam for admission to undergraduate engineering programmes in National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) and other centrally funded technical institutes (CFTIs). It is also the qualifying examination/ eligibility test for JEE (Advanced) (previously known as IIT-JEE). Only those candidates who aspire to get admission into the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and who clear the JEE (Main) will be allowed to appear for the JEE (Advanced).
The following eligibility criteria should be met by an applicant who wishes to appear for JEE (Main) 2017:
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Candidates whose dates of birth falls on or after 1 October, 1992 are eligible to appear for the exam. However, the upper age limit is relaxed by five years for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates (i.e born on or after 1 October, 1987.)
- The date of birth recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will be considered as the only form of proof.
- Candidates should have passed their class 12 exam or any other qualifying examination in 2015 or 2016, or they should be appearing in their class 12 exam or any other qualifying examination in 2017.
- If you have passed your class 12th/qualifying examination in 2014 or before, or will appear in the examination in 2018 or later, then you are not eligible to appear for JEE Main 2017 test.
- If you appeared in class 12/other qualifying examinations in 2014 and did not pass, but passed only in 2015, then too you are not eligible to appear for JEE (Main) 2017.
- You should have taken at least five subjects in class 12/any other qualifying examination in order to be eligible to write this engineering entrance exam.
A candidate can attempt the JEE (Main) exam three times and no more than that.