VITEEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for applying to Vellore Institute of Technology and appearing for VITEEE 2017 is given below:
You should be a resident or non-resident Indian (NRI.)
Age limit for VITEEE 2017
Candidates born on or after 1 July 1996 are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2017. They should have studied in a regular, full-time, formal education during school. You need to produce your high school/ SSC/ class 10 certificate as proof of age during counselling.
Read: VITEE application form
|Application Forms Now Available|
Educational qualification for VITEEE 2017
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% of marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB)
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) for candidates belonging to SC/ST, students from Jammu & Kashmir and from the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) candidates are eligible only for B.Tech. Bio-Medical engineering and Biotechnology programs. They are also eligible to apply for the B.Tech Computer Science ad Engineering (Bioinformatics) programme, provided that they register for a bridge course in Mathematics after joining.
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) candidates are eligible for all 14 B.Tech. programs.
- Candidates appearing for the 10+2 examination in 2017 are also eligible to apply.
Read: VITEEE Physics Syllabus
List of qualifying exams:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board, Central Board of
Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE, New Delhi).
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted bya recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the InternationalBaccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.