Waves - BITS Pilani-Goa Campus' Exuberant Celebration
Waves is a celebration of
|Application Forms Now Available|
A packed auditorium coupled with much anticipation greeted comedians Karunesh Talwar and Kunal Kamra at the
In keeping with tradition, expect each of the three ‘Pro Nites’ this Waves to be dedicated to a different genre. In no particular order:
- Lose yourself to the dance floor as EDM fills the air around you on the DJ Nite. Past editions have seen giants like Lost Stories and Nucleya perform, leaving the crowd completely spent after a night of rave dancing.
- Groove to the rhythm of the English Nite, which has featured performances by renowned artists from the likes of ‘The F16s’, ‘As We Keep Searching’, ‘The Blackstratblues’ and ‘Thermal And A Quarter’.
- The finale—‘Bollywood a.k.a Hindi Nite’—is perhaps the biggest. While the epithet is
self-explanatory,names like Amit Trivedi, Kailash Kher, Vishal-Shekharand Shankar Mahadevan, who have highlighted the occasion, need no introduction.
The releases are due in the coming week. Make sure you don’t miss these! We guarantee you that these nights are going to be what you take back after Waves is over.
In this edition, four of the following highlights constitute the fest structurally. They are:
- Florence: performing arts (dance, drama and music) saga
- Beau Vista: lifestyle fest
- Carpe Dictum: literary fest, and
- Specials: flagship events. These are the established pillars of Waves, viz. Fash P, Natyanjali and Mr. & Mrs. Waves.
Waves’ national eliminations have already been conducted successfully, witnessing huge participation in 9 cities for 3 different events, viz. SpinOff (DJing), Show Me The Funny a.k.a. SMTF (standup comedy) and Inverse (poetry slam) across the North, South, East, and West chapters. One can’t forget India’s biggest college rock festival, Searock, which has gone ahead with 6 of 7 eliminations already!
It’s noteworthy that a number of new events have been introduced this time, which include the Fashion Design event, the Hindi Poetry event "Irshad" and the upcoming Silent DJ event. Informals and online contests, with Waves merchandise as prizes, are already up and running on the official Waves Facebook page, which has surely created a buzz in colleges across the country, going by the growing number of likes and shares.
Honestly, Waves 2017 promises to be the best and the biggest fest ever, taking every participant through a journey with a mystical tale to tell!