Admissions Procedure at International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore (IIIT Bangalore)
IIIT Bangalore doesn't offer undergraduate or B.Tech courses. The graduate study programs offered in IIIT Bangalore are Master of Technology (M.Tech.), the Master of Science (M.S.) by Research, and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees in information technology. Admission procedure to these courses is described below:
IIIT Bangalore - M.Tech. AdmissionEligibility Criteria
IIIT Bangalore (Common to All Programs)
- The International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore (IIITB) programmes are open to all those who have completed a 4 year degree programme in any scientific or technological discipline.
- Candidates having Masters' degree in basic sciences discipline are also eligible to apply.
Admission is made on the basis of Entrance Examination and an Interview conducted by IIIT Bangalore. The academic performance of a candidate is also taken into account for admission.
GATE score of a candidate is also considered for admission. A candidate who has GATE score is eligible for scholarship for M.Tech. study programme.
For more details on GATE, Click Here.
Exam Centers for MTech in IIIT BangaloreThe Entrance Exam for M.Tech. programme is held in the following cities-
- Hyderabad Kolkata
M.Tech. Entrance Exam Schedule
- Announcement of Admission Notification- First Week of November
- Last Date for Receiving completed application form- First Week of January
- Admission Test- Second Week of March
The Application Form for IIITB M.Tech. Entrance Test along with Information brochure can be obtained through post. Candidates can request for the application form from the office of Registrar, International Institute of Information Technology, 26/C Electronics City, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 100 by sending a Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- towards admission fee, self addressed envelop of size 9"x12" or bigger along with two self addressed stickers of size (7.5 cm x 3.5 cm).
The Institute issues notification for the conduct of M.Tech. Entrance Test and sell of application form every year. For latest IIITB notification, Click Here
M.S. by Research IIIT Bangalore Application Schedule
- Announcement of Admission Notification - First Week of November
- Last Date for Receiving completed application form - First Week of January
- Admission Test - Second Week of March
The candidate can also follow the similar criteria for applying MS by Research programme as mentioned below for admission to Ph.D. programme.
Ph. D. Program IIIT Bangalore ApplicationThe IIITB accepts Applications for Ph.D. programme throughout the year. The IIIT Bangalore accepts application form for admission towards Ph.D. round the year. Candidates are required submitting the application in favor of, the Registrar, IIIT-B, 26/C Electronics City, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560100, along with the following-
- Transcripts or attested copies of prior academic work, and copies of any published papers.
- A statement of purpose of between 1000-2000 words, indicating research goals and prior research experience.
- A non-refundable application fee of Rs. 500, in the form of a demand draft payable to IIIT Bangalore.
- Three letters of recommendation supporting the application sent directly to the Registrar. (Such letters should be from former professors, research supervisors, or other qualified people familiar with the applicant and able to describe and attest to his scholastic ability and aptitude for first-rate research.)
Programs for working professionals in IIIT BangaloreThe International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore (IIITB) believes in innovation and hence offers MS by Research and Ph.D. programmes for working executives too.
The criteria for filling of application form are same as that for MS by Research / Ph.D. program.
Working executives require submitting No Objection Certificate obtained from current employer. Such candidates also need to gain financial support towards their study programme.
The IIIT Bangalore do not lend any sort of financial support to working executives for pursuing MS by Research or Ph.D. programme.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Studying abroad- Learn from the Experts!
Got Questions? Get all your queries answered in-depth, along with important document templates! Download free e-book that'll serve as a perfect guide to study abroad!