Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad will be the cradle for inventions and innovations. It will advance knowledge and scholarship to students in science, technology and liberal arts, and equip them to handle the challenges of the nation and the world in 21st century.
Integrity: Honest, ethical and responsible behavior will be fundamental to all our dealings and actions
Diversity of Ideas: Commit to plurality and diversity of ideas to create a robust and vibrant future
Enquiry: Foster the spirit of scientific inquiry
Academic Freedom: Ensure complete academic freedom in teaching and research
Service to the Nation: Commit to providing technology, solutions and trained manpower for the betterment of the people of India
Transparency: Have transparency on all decision matters
Environmental Stewardship: Commit to developing and practicing green technologies
Excellence: Endeavor to excel in research, education and student activities
Bachelor of Technology (B Tech)
Master of Technology (M Tech)
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
IIT Hyderabad currently has 8 academic departments for engineering:
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Design
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Engineering Science
- Department of Liberal Arts
- Department of Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Department of Physics
The IIT Hyderabad shall offer language courses in following foreign language Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Arabic, and Mandarin. Numerous distance-learning courses shall also be offered. The Research Park at IIT Hyderabad will work in close association with industry and various departments to develop and invent new technologies.
The Department of Civil Engineering and Department of Material Science & Engineering would be starting in 2010.
Admission to PhD programs
Applications are invited for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programs of the Institute commencing from January 2010. Last date is November 20, 2009.
* Engineering : M.Tech./M.E./M.Sc.(Engineering) degree with first class or equivalent in the respective or allied areas.
* Sciences & Arts : M.Sc./M.A. degree with first class or equivalent in respective or allied areas with a valid GATE/UGC Net/CSIR JRF/NBHM score.
| B Tech
|Computer Science and Engineering||Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|Electrical Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering||Chemistry|
|Mechanical Engineering||Electrical Engineering||Electrical Engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering||Liberal Arts|
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
Ordnance Factory Estate
Andhra Pradesh, India
Phone :(91-40) 2301 6028
Email : email@example.com