LIC Development Officers Exam
LIC Development Officers Examination leads to the recruitment of the Development Officers who belong to the class II officer category. They are in charge of their territory for the development of insurance policies. Their responsibilities include marketing & procurement of business, training of agents, meeting prospective clients, promoting the policies & getting contracts. Class II level appointments of Development Officers are made by the Divisional Office. The notification for the vacancies in the LIC is published in all the leading dailies and the Employment News.
Age Limits: The applicants should have completed the age of 21 years on the 1st July of the year of examination.
Educational Qualification: The applicants should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Science/Commerce/Agriculture/Law, of an Indian or Foreign University, or possess an equivalent qualification.
|Application Forms Now Available|
The LIC Development Officers examination comprises of the following stages:
- Stage I: Written Examination
|Subject||No. of Questions||Time Allowed|
- Stage II: Group Discussion and Interview
Candidates who qualify in Stage I will be called in for a Group Discussion round and interview post which, if selected, they will be considered for the post of a probationary officer.
Syllabus for LIC DO Exam
- Test of Reasoning Ability: This test has been designed to judge your thinking power and contains questions of various kinds. The test will be partially verbal, i.e., based on or related to words and partially non-verbal, i.e., based on or related to figures and drawings.
- Test of Numerical Ability: The purpose of this test is to determine your speed in working at numerical calculations.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: The purpose of this test is to determine a candidate's general awareness of the environment around him/her and its application to society. The questions will be designed to test the candidate's knowledge of the current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of an educated person, including topics on Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, etc. There may also be questions on Geography of India and her people, History of India, her cultural heritage, freedom struggle and salient features of the Constitution of India, Economic and Social Problems.
- English Language: This test is to determine your knowledge of English – vocabulary, expressions etc.
The blank application forms and particulars are published in the Employment News / Rojgar Samachar. For exact schedule, please see our Exam Alerts, click here.
- Notification of Examination: July
- Last Date for Filling of Application Form: August
- Conduct of Examination: September