Qualifying Exams to Study Abroad
Going abroad for further studies has always been regarded as an enriching and challenging experience. Along with a rewarding career and better future the students also get to experience new cultures, customs and ideas that mould their personalities as a whole.
Depending upon the level and course of study, students need to take one or more qualifying exams for entry into academic programs abroad.
More and more Indian students are going abroad to study year after year - mainly because they're unable to get a seat in a college of their choice for a course they want. The UNESCO 2012 statistics show that there were 1.89 lakh Indian students studying abroad. As of 2016, this number is estimated to be at least 2.5 lakh.Listed below are the most important entrance examinations that enable students from India planning to study abroad, to seek admission in courses offered by foreign universities:
1. Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
2. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (Prepare for the TOEFL with our adaptive testing platform here. Sign up for free.)
3. Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
4. Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
5. International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
6. Commonwealth Executive Master of Business Administration Test (CEMAT)
7. Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
8. Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
|Planning to study abroad? Preparing for the TOEFL is essential. Sign up for Free. Test yourself here.|