JNTU PACET 2012
JNTU PACET 2012- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Planning and Architecture Common Entrance Test conducted by JNTU Hyderabad for admission into under graduate planning and architecture programs.
On the basis of PACET merit, candidates are admitted into 5 year B.Arch., 4 year B.Planning and 6 year B.Arch. (PTDC) and other related courses. 6-Year Part Time Degree Course (PTDC) is for Diploma holders in Architecture with 2 years of experience as architectural assistant.
A graduate in Architecture and Planning has high growth prospect. Such candidates can work for different government as well as corporate agencies, where there is a requirement either for building colonies and monuments or doing town planning and infrastructure building, etc. Architecture or planning graduate can also set up own enterprises and can excel in their chosen area beyond imagination.
JNTU PACET 2012 Tentative Dates
These dates are tentative and based on previous JNTU PACET Notifications
- JNTU PACET Issue of Application Form: May
- JNTU PACET Last Date of Submission of Application Form: June
- JNTU PACET Entrance Test: July
JNTU PACET 2012 Application Form
You can obtain the Application Form along with the enclosures including the “Instruction Booklet for admission to engineering courses in JNTU in any of the following ways:
Note: Candidate shall submit only one application for taking test either for architecture/planning or both the tests. If any candidate submits more than one application the Convener reserves the right to reject all the applications or accept any one of them only.
- For Architecture or for Planning in person on payment School of Planning and Architecture JNTU, Mahaveer Marg, Masab Tank, Hyderabad; Dept. of Architecture, Andhra University, Vishakapatanam; JNTU College of Engineering, Anantapur; Govt. Polytechnic, Vijayawada.
- By post by paying a demand draft in favour of Secretary, APSCHE giving clear address to which the Application Form is to be posted.
- Application Form for PACET can also be downloaded from from http://www.jntu.ac.in
JNTU PACET 2012 Eligibility Criteria
JNTU PACET Eligibility Criteria 2012 for appearing in entrance examination is given here.
Nationality: Candidates should be of Indian NationalityResidency Status: Candidates should belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh and should satisfy local / non-local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) order, 1974 as subsequently amended.
(i) Candidates should have passed 10 + 2 examination conducted by Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh or related Vocational Courses conducted by Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh along with bridge course(s) conducted by it or any other examination recognized as equivalent there to by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh, and should have secured not less than 50% marks in the aggregate with Mathematics and English as subjects of examination for admission into 5 - year B.Arch. degree course and not less than 50% marks in the aggregate with any subjects for admission into 4- year B. Plng degree course.
(ii) Candidates should have passed three years diploma (10+3) in Engineering / Architecture conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh or its equivalent there to as recognized by State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh and should have secured not less than 50% marks in the aggregate with Mathematics and English as subjects of examination for admission into 5 - year B.Arch. degree course and not less than 50% marks with any subject for admission into 4 - year B. Plng degree course.
(iii) Candidates appearing for 10+2 final examination or equivalent or final year Diploma examination are also eligible to apply. However, they shall fulfill the criteria stipulated in clauses II (c) (i) or / and (ii) above to be eligible for admission.
Age: Candidates should have completed 16 years of age by the date of commencement of admission as announced by the committee or on such other date as may be notified by the PACET committee and there is no upper age limit.
Note: Candidate with 2 years of work experience as architectural assistant can only be admitted to 6-year part time degree course in Architecture (B.Arch. - PTDC)
JNTU PACET 2012 Exam Pattern
JNTU PACET 2012 Test shall consist of 2 Parts- Candidates seeking admission to 5 year B. Arch degree / 6 year B. Arch (PTDC) shall take Part – A of the Test and candidates seeking admission to 4 year B. Plan degree shall take Part-B of the Test.
Part A – Architecture
Test-I - Aesthetic Sensitivity - 100 Marks Duration of Test - 2 Hours
Aesthetic Sensitivity is to evaluate candidate’s perception, imagination and observation, creativity and communication; and Architectural awareness. The test shall comprise of:
Test-II - Drawing- 100 Marks Duration of Test - 2 Hours
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional object
- Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities
- Analytical Reasoning
- Mental Ability
- Imaginative comprehension and expression
- Architectural awareness
The drawing aptitude of the candidate shall be judged on the following aspects:
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner.
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on the surroundings.
- Sense of perspective drawing.
- Combining and composing given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes or forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colors in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and sense of proportion.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
Part – B PLANNING- 100 Marks Duration of Test 2 Hours
Testing is in terms of perception, ability to comprehend, interpret and represent
- Graphic representation and communication - recognition and identification of symbols, graphic representations.
- Pattern recognition - numerical, verbal, geometrical, graphic
- Logical thinking / analytical reasoning - matching concepts to situations, interpreting situations
- Imaginative comprehension and expression - description of situations in cities / town / villages.
- Planning and development general knowledge - National and local plans, policies, books, authors, planners.
- Community awareness - Income groups, poverty groups and problems, Local governance practices, community associations and action, community amenities.
- Geography - Indian, A.P. State -physical, economic, political.
- Environment and Public Health - Indian, and A. P. State, problems, concerns, issues – sanitation, environmental impacts of economic activities.
- Quantitative abilities - numerical, geometrical
- Scientific thinking - Fundamental principles and laws of physics, chemistry, biology –'Scientific method’
JNTU PACET Exam Centres
Regional Centre For Entrance Test
JNTU School of Planning and Architecture
Hyderabad – 500 028, A.P.
Phone: 040 – 23317006, 23300315
JNTU PACET Contact Details
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University
Hyderabad - 500 085
Phone: +91-40-2315 8661 to 23158664
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org