MAT September 2017
The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is an all India level entrance examination for admission into Master of Business Administration (MBA) and postgraduate (PG) diploma programs offered by different institutes in India and abroad. The Centre for Management Services (CMS) of the All India Management Association (AIMA) has been conducting the MAT since 1988.
Management Institutes that offer admission to postgraduate management courses are AICTE (All Indian Council for Technical Education) approved and affiliated to universities for the award of degrees and certificates. MAT has the unique distinction of being the first to be awarded with ISO 9001: 2000 Certification.
MAT has been approved by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India as a national level test since 2003.
MAT is offered in two modes:
- MAT Online Test/Computer-based Test (CBT)
- MAT Paper-based Test (PBT)
MAT Exam Dates
MAT is conducted four times a year - in February, September, September and December. The paper-based MAT is usually conducted on the first Sunday of February, September, September and December from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The computer-based MAT is conducted from the following Saturday onwards. If the number of test takers are limited for the computer-based MAT and can be covered in a single day, then the test takes place only on that Saturday, otherwise the test will continue to be held for more days.
MAT 2017 (September) exam dates exam dates have been announced by AIMA:
MAT September 2017 Important Dates
MAT September, 2017 (paper-based test)
3 September, 2017 (10 a.m. -12.30 p.m.)
MAT September, 2017 (computer-based test)
9 September, 2017 onwards (with additional dates as needed)
For Computer-based Test
- Test Date: 3 September (Sunday), 2017 onwards for paper based test. If the number of test takers are limited and can be covered in a single day, then the computer based test will be conducted only on 9 September, 2017, otherwise the test will continue to be held for more days.
- Test Timing: The computer-based test will be conducted in different time slots at various test venues
Eligibility for MAT
To be eligible to take MAT (September 2017),
- You should either be a graduate (in any discipline) or should be a final year student in any graduate course.
- You should have minimum 50% marks in your graduation (45% for SC/OBC/ST categories)
- There is no age limit to appear for MAT
- There is no attempt limit to apply for MAT
MAT Application Form
The online registration for the latest MAT registration has started. For applying a candidate has to visit the online portal of AIMA and fill the form after which the candidate is given 3 modes of payment, Credit/Debit, Net Banking or through Demand Draft. The candidate is supposed to attach their photograph and signature in the form before submission. The last date for applying is 23 August 2017. The MAT 2017 application forms can be obtained online:
The MAT 2017 application fee is Rs.1400 which can be paid in any of these 2 ways:
- Pay fee through DD
Make a demand draft (DD) worth Rs.1400 in favour of "All India Management Association", payable at New Delhi and mail it (along with a printout of the completed MAT application form) to the following AIMA office address (so that it reaches before the last date, 275 April, 2017):
Manager - MAT
All India Management Association
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003
- Pay fee through Debit / Credit Card/ NetBanking
In this case, no need to mail the printout of the online MAT application form.
MAT Exam Pattern
MAT 2017 tests a candidate's ability in areas like Language Comprehension, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, and Indian and Global Environment. You can get detailed information on the MAT 2017 exam pattern from our MAT 2017 exam pattern page.
- Language Comprehension: It involves basic English Grammar, comprehension, sentence phrasing and essay writing.
- Mathematical Skills: MAT tests basic Mathematical concepts like LCM, HCF, Binary functions, Trigonometry, Geometry, Algebra etc.
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency: Data interpretation involves statistics, trends and data in the form of graphs, pie charts, bar graphs, diagrams etc.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: Logical thinking, Social human relationships, cause and effect, statements and conclusions, assumption-premise-conclusion etc
MAT Admit Card
The MAT admit card is usually available for download on AIMA's official website seven days prior to the paper-based MAT. For MAT (September) 2017, the admit card will be available for download on and after 26 August, 2017. Get detailed instructions on how to download the admit card on our MAT 2017 admit card page.
MAT Preparation Books
Preparation for MAT is similar to the preparation for other management entrance exams like CAT, XAT, and so forth. What can help you crack this exam is a lot of practice and some more practice. Make sure you have a good set of MAT books to practice questions and write sample papers.
Some of the books are:
For Language Comprehension: How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension- Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay, Rs. 599/-
For Quantitative Aptitude: How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT- Arun Sharma, Rs. 579/-
For Intelligence and Critical Thinking: The Hand on Guide to Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning: by Arihant Publications Logical and Analytical Reasoning, Rs. 171/-
For General Knowledge: General Knowledge by Manohar Pandey, Rs. 120/-
You can find the complete list of MAT Preparation Books here
MAT Participating Institutions
The MAT 2017 score is valid for admission to MBA and PG Diploma programs offered by various management institutes or MBA colleges across India and even abroad. There are 245 management institutes accepting MAT (December) 2017 scores for admission to the 2017 - 2018 academic session.
The MAT (September) 2017 result is expected to be declared by the end of September, 2017. MAT results are usually announced by AIMA on their official website (aima.in) within two weeks of the exam.
Accordingly, MAT (May) 2017 results will be declared by the end of May or first week of June, 2017.
You can check your MAT May 2017 results on:
If you have a question related to MAT September 2017, you may direct it to the MAT Question & Answer page. Our counselor will reply to your queries.
MAT Contact Details
For all MAT-related queries, you can contact AIMA directly at the email ID firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls or fax.)