The MBA in India
MBA is the abbreviation for Master of Business Administration is a postgraduate program offered by various B Schools, management institutes and colleges and MBA departments of various Universities in India. MBA in India is a very popular course among college graduates and makes first choice for higher studies. This is a most sought after course among both technical and non technical graduates in India. An MBA degree from India is recognized as both technical qualification as well as a postgraduate qualification.
MBA in India is offered as a 2 year program. At the end of 2 years on successful completion, an MBA (Master of Business Administration) degree is awarded. Candidates with an MBA degree may go for higher education or may start working in Industry. Opportunities for MBA postgraduates are enormous both in India and abroad.
MBA is offered under various categories. Some of the most popular categories are listed here -
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Marketing
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Sales
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – IT Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Biotech Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Financial Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Human Resources Management (HR)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – International Business
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Infrastructure Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Family Business
- Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) – General Management
- Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) – IT Management
- Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) – Biotech Management
- Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) – Financial Management
- Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) – Human Resources (HR)
- Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) – International Business
- Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) – Infrastructure Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business management (PGDBM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management (PGDHRM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology Management (PGD Biotech)
- Post Graduate Diploma in IT Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Finance Management (PGDFM)
- Executive MBA (eMBA) Program
These are just indicative categories of MBA, though there are many more. For exclusive details about various categories in which MBA is offered, see our Streams of Management section.
MBA is a professional qualification. Admission in different MBA programs in India is offered on the basis of entrance examination, Personal Interview (PI), personality tests and Group Discussions (GD) etc. There are many national level All India Entrance Examinations and State Level Entrance Examinations through which one may gain entry into a B School. Following are listed some of the Most Popular MBA Entrance Examinations held in India.
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Common Admission Test - CAT
- Management Aptitude Test – MAT
- Xaviers’ Admission Test - XAT
- Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET)
- IGNOU - OPENMAT
- FMS - Delhi University
- Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE)
- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)
- CET Maharashtra
For exclusive details about All MBA Entrance Examinations in India, Click Here.
There are more than 1500 government and private institutes and B Schools in India offering MBA programs. Classes are conducted through various modes of teaching like full time residential, part time MBA, correspondence, distance learning, Online MBA and Executive MBA for working professionals.
Full time MBA programs are regular programs in which students requires attending day classes; while part time and distance learning programs are beneficial for working people. The duration of full time and distance learning programs is 2 years, while duration of part time programs is 3 years. Some premier B Schools in India like Indian School of Business (ISB) Hyderabad also offers a 1 year MBA degree.
An MBA degree in India is considered as a green card to earn a decent livelihood and an entry into the corporate world. The institutes and colleges offering MBA programs offer placement services to students so they don’t require hunting for job. National and International recruiters from diverse industries visits MBA Colleges to recruit MBA graduates in various domains, viz. Marketing and Sales, HR, Finance, IT, Retail etc. to name a few. The candidates with an MBA degree from India enjoys lucrative pay packages and responsible position in the industry.
Some of the top B schools and MBA Institutions offering MBA in India -
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay
- International Management Institute, Delhi
- K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Symbiosis Centre for Management & HRD, Pune
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
- Alliance Business Academy, Bangalore
- Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Institute of Rural Management, Anand
- Institute for Financial Management & Research, Chennai
- Nirma Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
For exclusive details on Rankings and Top 100 MBA Schools in India click here.