MICAT 2018: Exam Pattern, Registration, Study Material & Question Papers
MICAT is the admission test conducted by Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA) and is designed to test your aptitude and orientation towards communication as a profession.
Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA) is a well-known communications management school in India. It aims to train, educate and develop professionals in media and communications so that they can cater to the needs of the industry & society in India. MICA also aims to conduct research in communication as applied to the needs of the communications industry. Through such research, the intent is to create and share new knowledge in this fast growing and increasingly important field.
MICA is counted among the best marketing schools in India, and is appreciated for its curriculum and quick response to changing industry needs. Students seeking an MBA in Communications or MBA in Communications Management may find MICA’s PGDM- Communications Management to ideally suit their requirements.
MICA (PGDM - C)
The Post-graduate Program Diploma in Management (Communications) PGDM-C is MICA's flagship program which has established a name for itself since it began in 1994. The course is considered equivalent to an MBA and sees 100% placement of its students with the best corporate companies in India and abroad. The course is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Association of Indian University (AIU). The core competency of this course is communications management.
|Application Forms Now Available|
The following specializations are offered in the second year of the program:
- Brand Management
- Account Planning
- Marketing Research
- Media Management
- New Media/Digital Communication Management
The selection process is divided into 3 stages.
- Stage 1: Each candidate who applies for the management programs in MICA has to take one of the following three exams, i.e. CAT 2016, XAT 2017 and GMAT (2015 onwards).
- Stage 2: MICA Admission Test (MICAT) - All the candidates will be assessed on different sections of MICAT and are consequently selected for the GE and PI rounds.
- Stage 3: All selected candidates will appear for both GE and PI.
Shortlisted candidates for GE & PI will have to go for those rounds in either of the 5 cities of Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.
|Event||Start Date||End Date|
|MICAT - I Registration||September 26, 2017||November 30, 2017|
|MICAT Admit Card||11 December 2017||-|
|MICAT - I Exam||17 December 2017||-|
|MICAT - I Score||3 January 2018||-|
|MICAT - II Registration||3 January 2017||5 February, 2018 (11.59 pm)|
|MICAT - II Admit Card||6 February 2017||-|
|MICAT - II Exam||17 February 2018||-|
|MICAT - II Score||20 February 2018||-|
|GE & PI Shortlist||1 March, 2018||-|
|GE & PI - MICA Ahmedabad||9 March 2018||11 March 2018|
|GE & PI - Other cities||17 March 2018||20 March 2018|
|Final Results||31 March 2018||-|
You can apply online for MICAT 2018 from end of September or first week of October. The last date for online application & payment is 25 November, 2016.
You are required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 1965. You have 2 choices of payment modes.
- Online Payment through Credit Card: You can pay the fee online directly through a Master or Visa card.
- Demand Draft: You can get a demand draft made for Rs. 1965 from any bank in favour of "MICA" payable at Ahmedabad. Choose the mode of Payment as DD in "Make Payment" Tab and click "Submit". After clicking "Submit", the Payment advice form will load.
- Take a printout of the Payment Advice form, sign and send it along with the DD to:
|Shela, Ahmedabad - 380058|
|Telephone: 02717-308313 | 308250|
MICAT will comprehensively gauge abilities such as:
- Logical Reasoning
- Divergent Thinking
- Written Communication Skills
- General Knowledge
Your leadership potential will also be assessed through "psychometric profiling" that will be a part of MICAT 2018.
The total duration of the exam for MICAT 2017 was 125 minutes.
- Section 1 - 35 minutes - No Negative Marking
- Section 2 - 90 minutes
- Psychometric Test (No Negative Marking)
- Reasoning and Verbal Ability (Negative Marking) - There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- General Knowledge (Negative Marking) - This section has negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
MICAT Sample Papers
MICAT Exam Centres
|North||Allahabad, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Gurgaon, Lucknow, Noida, Patna|
|West||Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Vadodara|
|Central||Bhopal, Indore, Raipur, Ranchi|
|South||Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Visakhapatnam|
|East||Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata|
|Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad|
|Shela, Ahmedabad - 380 058|
|Telephone: (91) 2717-308250|
|Fax: (91) 2717-308349|