TANCET 2017: Exam Pattern, Registration & Application Process
TANCET 2017 - Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test is conducted by Anna University (AU) Chennai for admission into following programs.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Master of Engineering (M.E.)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.)
- Master of Architecture (M.Arch.)
- Master in Planning (M.Plan)
On the basis of merit in TANCET admission is offered at University Departments of the following,
- Anna University (Chennai)
- Anna University (Coimbatore)
- Anna University (Trichy)
- Anna University (Tirunelveli)
- Govt. Engineering, Arts and Science Colleges
- Govt. Aided Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges
- Govt. Quota seats in Self-Financing Engineering and Arts & Science Colleges and standalone institutions.
Note: Candidates of Tamil Nadu as well as those living outside Tamil Nadu can apply for TANCET 2017.
Please note that dates given below for TANCET 2017 are tentative and we are yet to receive an official statement from the concerned authorities.
We will update the fixed dates as and when we receive them.
|Registration Start Date||May 2017|
|Registration Last Date||21 May 2017|
|Receipt of Registered Applicants (Online) Last Date||April 2017 Last Week|
|Registration at Centres Last Date||April 2017 Last Week|
|Spot Registration (Chennai Centre)||April 2017|
|TANCET 2017 Exam||June 2017|
|TANCET 2017 Result||July 2017|
Topics for TANCET 2017 are:
- Business Situation Analysis
- Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Section
- Data Sufficiency
- Verbal Ability
TANCET has 20 questions in each topic of evaluation (given above) and they have to be answered within 2 hours. You will get 5 options to choose from for each question. A correct answer will fetch you 1 mark while for every incorrect answer 1/3rd of the mark will be deducted.
There are two ways through which you can register yourself for TANCET 2017.
In-person at the Coordinating Centres
- Pick up the application form in person from the coordinating centres whose complete list and details are given on the official website of the university.
- Submit a copy of your 10th and 12th mark sheet or 3 years diploma certificate.
- You need to pay the TANCET application fees either in cash or DD to receive the hall ticket.
- The completed application form and the documents are to be sent to the following address before the last date of submission.
|TANCET, Centre for Entrance Examinations|
|Anna University, Chennai - 600 025|
- Register and log in to the website.
- Enter all the details in the online application form.
- Pay the application fees through DD in favour of 'The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University' payable at Chennai from any nationalized bank.
- Send in the filled TANCET 2017 Application Form along with the DD and other documents to the address mentioned in the table above.
Note: The admit card/hall ticket will be sent by post.
TANCET Application Fee is Rs. 500 for General Category and Rs. 250 for SC/ST Category.
A candidate should fulfill the below mentioned criteria to be eligible for TANCET.
- A Bachelor's Degree from a UGC recognized institute or an equivalent institute registered with the Indian Government.
- Bachelor's Degree can be obtained either under 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1.
- Minimum aggregate marks for General Category candidates is 50% while for other categories is 45%.
- A candidate who is in their last semester can apply as well provided they submit all the necessary documents within the time limit.
TANCET 2017 Result
Tentatively, the result for TANCET 2017 will be declared in the month of July 2017. As and when we receive the fixed date of the result, we will update it here. So keep checking our website for updated information.