Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
This premier institute, a deemed university, was founded by the Government of India's Ministry of Commerce and Industry in 1963, and has emerged as one of the top schools to get an MBA degree in International Business. The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi has been awarded A*** rating by Crisil.
Spread over six acres and overlooking the famous Qutub Minar, IIFT, offers state-of-the-art infrastructure with air conditioned conference and lecture halls, a huge auditorium, MDP centre, a well-stocked library, three computer labs, indoor games centre and excellent Wi-Fi enabled residential facility for both boys and girls. The institute has recently opened its Kolkata campus, the only other besides the one in Delhi.
Important Dates 2018 [MBA (IB) at New Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada (AP)]
|Online Application Last Date||Friday, 8 September 2017|
|Online Application Last Date and GMAT Score Submission for Foreign Nationals and NRIs||Thursday, 15 February 2018|
|Written Examination||Sunday, 26 November 2017
10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
Courses offered by IIFT include:
- Full time MBA - International Business This is a two-year full-time residential programme, which is spread over six trimesters. The course fees is Rs.6.37 lakh annually for the general/OBC category.
- Part time MBA- International BusinessThis is a three-year part-time IIFT MBA, spread across nine trimesters, with classes held only on weekends. The course fee is Rs.2.5 lakh annually.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business (EPGDIB) EPGDIB is an 18-month flexible programme, designed for working professionals who want to enhance their skill-set without having to leave their jobs. Spread across three semesters, every semester of the course starts with one week of classroom study, followed by weekend sessions every alternate week. The course fee for this programme is Rs.3.5 lakh annually.
- Certificate Programme in Export Management (CPEM) CPEM is a short-term four-month certificate course, with just weekend classes. The course fee is Rs.75,000.
Some of the other courses offered are certificate courses in International Business Language, Capital and Financial Markets, and Global Trade Logistics and Operations.
Eligibility & Admission Procedure
- Full time MBA - International Business One must be a graduate from a recognized university to apply for the course. The selection is done on the basis of a written test conducted by IIFT itself, essay, group discussion (GD) and personal interview (PI).
- Part time MBA- International Business One must be a graduate from a recognized university with at least three years of work experience to apply for the course. NOC and sponsorship from the employer is a must. The selection is done on the basis of a written essay, GD, and PI.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business (EPGDIB) One must have a PG/Engineering degree plus three years of managerial work experience or a graduate degree with five years of managerial work experience to be eligible to apply for the course. The selection is done on the basis of a written essay, GD, and PI.
- Certificate Programme in Export Management (CPEM) One must be a graduate from a recognized university or diploma holder, with at least two years of work experience to apply for the course. The selection is done on the basis of a personal interview.
Some of the other courses offered by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi are Certificate Course in International Business Language, Certificate Programme in Capital and Financial Markets, and Certificate Programme in Global Trade Logistics and Operations.
IIFT has an excellent placement record with a 15% increase in average salary recorded last year. With over 85 participating companies,the average package for the 2015-2017 batch was Rs.18.41 lakh per year and the highest package was Rs.26 lakh per year.
Three IIFT students bagged a package worth more than RS. 1 crore p.a. and another 6 received more than 75 lakhs p.a.in International Placements.
IIFT remains the choice for big trading firms and for international business profiles - Aluzinc Asia, Agrocorp International, Vital Solutions, Sharaf Group and Tolaram Group based out locations like San Francisco, Africa, Middle East, Indonesia, Malaysia, Ukraine and Singapore.
Also Read: Top 100 MBA colleges in India - 2016 ranking
|Institute||Contact Details||Fees (in Indian Rupees)|
|Delhi Campus||IIFT Bhawan, B-21,
Qutab Institutional Area,
New Delhi - 110016
|Telephone: 91-11-26965124 | 26965051
|Kolkata Campus||1/14 (7th-9th Floor),
EP & GP Block, Sector-V,
Salt Lake City,
Kolkata - 700091
|Telephone: 91-33-2357 2854
Fax: 91-33-2357 2855