Department of Management Studies (DMS), IIT Delhi
Engineering studies might be the highlight at the IITs, known around the world as premier technology institutes, but unknown to many, the Department of Management Studies (DMS) at IIT Delhi is as good as the engineering institute. Established in 1993, DMS IIT Delhi,has been ranked as the second best B-School in India as per Stanford Rankings and the fifth best according to ED Universal.
Spread across 320 acres of landscaped land, the Wi-fi enabled campus of IIT Delhi offers spacious lecture rooms, staff club, large library, shopping centre, post office, bank, hospital, a computer lab, a huge amphitheater, and thirteen student hostels. The campus also houses a recreation block, equipped with a world-class gym, squash court, music rooms, and a six lane swimming pool.
Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi offers both full-time and part-time MBA programs. The courses offered are:
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
MBA from IIT Delhi is a full-time two-year residential program, spread across four semesters. There are two types of MBA programs offered:
- MBA (generic)
- MBA (telecommunication)
The candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their CAT scores and final selection is made on the basis of a group discussion (GD) and a personal interview (PI.) The course fee for MBA from IIT Delhi is Rs.4 Lakh.
- Part-Time Masters in Business Administration (MBA Part-Time)
IIT Delhi's part-time MBA program is an intensive three year study in technology management. The eligibility is similar to that the MBA program. The selection is done on the basis of a computerized written test, in combination with group discussion and a personal interview. The course fee for the IIT part-time MBA program is also Rs.4 Lakh.
- Doctoral (PhD)
IIT also offers a full-time PhD programme in management. Candidates must be post graduates with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks to be eligible to apply for the doctorate. One must also have a minimum of eight years of work-experience. The final selection is made on the basis of a GD and a PI.
- MBA (generic): one needs to be a graduate with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks
- MBA (telecommunication): Bachelor's Degree in any branch of Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy/ B.Sc. Agriculture Engineering (minimum 4 years after 10+2)
- Bachelor's degree in any branch of Physical/Chemical/Mathematical Sciences like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Application, Electronic Science, Environmental Science, Operations Research, Computational/Information Science, Agriculture or Bachelor's Degree in Commerce/ Economics, CA/ICWA.
Also read: Top 100 MBA colleges in India - 2017 ranking
|Department of Management Studies||IV Floor, Vishwakarma Bhavan
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Hauz Khas, New Delhi - 110016