National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
The Government of India established National Institute of Industrial Engineering(NITIE) in 1963, with the help of United Nations Development Program through the International Labor Organization and since then NITIE has played an instrumental role in serving the need of an ever changing dynamic business environment offering solutions for complex business and industrial problems. NITIE post-graduates are globally accepted for their skills in overcoming different organizational challenges, such as, Supply Network Uncertainties, Enterprise-wide Integration and Complex Operations and Scheduling. Students passing out of NITIE have always the best chance of landing the best jobs in the industry.
NITIE is highly in demand among students pursuing a career as Industrial Engineer and that is significantly evident from its high ranking in surveys conducted by different agencies.
- Ranked 11 in 2015 overall ranking
- AAAA+ 2015 State Ranking
- Ranked 5th in 2013 Business World Be-School ranking in 2013
- Award for outstanding B-School with Industry relations
NITIE programs cover a wide range of courses in Operations and Supply Chain Management, IT and Systems, marketing Management and also Finance and Human Resource Management. Top management programs offered by them are,
- Fellowship Program in Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Management (PGDIM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Safety and Industrial management (PGDISEM)
Other non-management (engineering oriented) programs from NITIE include:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Manufacturing Management (PGDPM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Manufacturing Management (PGDMM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering (PGDIE)
The tuition fee for 2016-2017 is Rs.2.2 lakhs, which together with hostel and other charges comes to Rs.3.26 lakh for the first year and just over Rs.3 lakh for the second year.
- CAT 2016 is used to shortlist candidates for group discussion (GD) & personal interview (PI) for final admissions to PGDIM & PGDISEM 2016-2018.
- To be eligible for admission, candidates must possess a first class bachelor's degree with minimum 60% marks in any branch of engineering and technology.
Admissions to PGDPM, PGDMM and PGDIE is through GATE 2016.
NITIE is one of the preferred hunting grounds for recruiters not only from India, but also from abroad. Students from the institute usually get placed in leading organizations. The placement records for 2015 shows 100% success, with every one of the 361 students in that batch securing jobs in various sectors. These included supply chain & operations, consultancy, banking and finance, manufacturing and process, with IT and FMCG being the biggest recruiters. There was also a lot of placements by EHS (Environment, Health, Safety) companies.
Highest salary: Rs.23.36 lakh | Average salary: Rs.11.83 lakh.
Also read: Top 100 MBA colleges in India - 2016 ranking
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering||Vihar Lake, P.O NITIE, Powai
Mumbai - 400087, India
|Telephone: 91 (22) 28574836/28573371
Fax: 91 (22) 28573251
|Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org|