Rourkela Institute of Management Studies
Rourkela Institute of Management Studies (RIMS) was established in the year 1984 and situated at Rourkela, Odisha. Since its inception, the focus of RIMS was to nurture professionals in the field of Business.
RIMS is a private institution, certified with ISO 9001:2000 and accredited by National Board of Accreditation. RIMS is affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT) under AICTE and Sambalpur University. Different programs are affiliated by these 2 universities and hence RIMS follows the curriculum prescribed by respective universities for the respective courses.RIMS has a strong trust and popularity among Indian student fraternity due to the availability of fine, hi-tech infrastructure facility and tuned coaching methods.
The institute is situated in a scenic and serene place at Rourkela. The library facility and curriculum handled by expert faculties turns it to be a leading institute for management courses.The campus has a highly resourced library facility, IT labs, communication labs, and a good hostel facility. The classrooms are facilitated with multimedia facilities for better coaching purpose.
The University offers Under Graduate and Post Graduate degree programs in the areas of Business Administration.
Under Graduate Courses:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
Post Graduate Courses:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication (MJMC)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Candidates should have passed 10+2+3 years of education in any discipline with 45% marks in aggregate score
- Candidates with valid UGAT score will be preferred
RIMS additional features for students
- Lectures handled by experts on "tips to attend interviews" and "tips to make a successful career"
- Special program to manage one's own career
- Online personality profiling
- Self-development programs
- An insight into job search and interview
- International conferences are conducted for the exposure of students
- personal effectiveness and grooming sessions for girls
- The admission form can be downloaded from RIMS official website.
- The candidate has to sign in first to the website with a valid email id to download the application form.
- Once the application form is filled with the DD amount needed for the application drawn in favour of "The Rourkela Institute of Management Studies", payable at Rourkela; the call letter for the counseling is sent.
- Admission to RIMS programs is carried out through counseling conducted by Biju Patnaik University of Technology.
The two types of quotas available for admission into RIMS are:
- Government Quota - Any graduate appearing for ORISSA JEE
- Management Quota - Any graduate who has qualified in MAT (by AIMA) or Joint Entrance Exam conducted by the Orissa Government.
The Short-listed candidates are then invited for a round of Group Discussion and then final Personal interview.
RIMS offers excellent placement through campus interview to all its management students. A minimum level of attendance should be maintained by the students throughout the course period so as to be eligible for the placement activity of the institution.
Top Recruiters visiting RIMS:
- American Express Bank
- Adicco Consultancy
- Alembic Pharma Ltd.
- Bajaj Allainz
- Panacea Biotech Ltd.
- Maple Computers Pvt. Ltd.
- L&T Limited
- Link Pens & Plastics Ltd.