Times School of Marketing
The Times School of Journalism is one of the most renowned institutions for graduate and post-graduate level studies in journalism in India. It is run by the Times Group and remaining consistent with the quality of content and information disseminated by the media house it's education experience is ample to make professionally competent journalists. As stated by its brochures and websites the objective of the site is to "promoting excellence in the field of media" and in this capacity it provides a very comprehensive if compact learning experience.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Originally, established in 1985 the institution was recently given autonomy and now functions as a associate entity for the Times Group media house. This article provides a detailed look into the course offered at the institution and its most salient features.
Infrastructure is the backbone of any enterprise and the TSJ infrastructure is completely equipped to provide for the learning needs of all students.
- All classes are equipped with over-head projectors, audio and video systems to present news feed services for classes to be interactive and up-to-date with the latest news.
- Broadcast Studio with state-of-the art Cameras, Controlled Lights, Audio and Vision Mixers and other related hardware.
- Additional 40 terminals for page making allowing all students to operate a station at all times during all classes thus allowing an inmate and interactive exposure to the national and local media.
- Dedicated Library.
- On-campus canteen serving diverse foods.
Programs Offered and Course Fees
The Times School of Journalism offers one course - PG Diploma in English Journalism.
This 12 month course comprises of 8 months of class study and 4 months of internship. Students can choose to specialize in any of the 4 fields - Business, Sports, General, Entertainment/Lifestyle.
The total course fee is Rs. 2,55,000 with an additional Rs. 10,000 as refundable caution money and 12.36% service tax.
Admission Process 2017
- Students wishing to apply to TSJ must download the application form and fill in the requisite details.
- The yearly class of about 35 students is chosen from a large number of applicants on the basis of the TSJ all India written entrance exam & personal interviews.
- Applicants must also submit a Rs. 750 application fee by way of demand draft.
- Those making the first cut will subsequently be interviewed individually to select the final crop of the year.
Exam date: Yet to be announced
Course begins: Yet to be announced
The most promising students get absorbed into Times Group while others can get placed into any of the following companies. The average pay package varies considerably depending upon designation, role etc. However, about Rs. 3,00,000 per annum is a reliable norm for a starting salary. A look at some of the companies where the alumni was placed/ is working:
- Times of India
- Press Trust of India
- Hindustan Times
- Asian Age
- Times NOW
- Time Out
- The Economic Times
- ABP (Star) News
- Navbharat Times
- Bloomberg TV
- The Telegraph
- Mail Today
- Delhi Times
- Dainik Bhaskar
- American Express
- CNBC, etc
|Times School of Journalism||1st Floor, Bharat Base Building
10, Daryaganj, New Delhi - 110002
|Telephone: 91-11-23273514 | 91-11-39843369|
|Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com|
|Application Forms Now Available|