Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur
Since its inception in the year 1949 at the Steel city of Jamshedpur, Bihar, Xavier Labour Relations Institute, or popularly termed XLRI, Xavier School of Management has nurtured thousands of professionals in the field of Labour Relations and Personnel Management.
Besides its key focus on developing managerial competence among the pupils through acquisition of specialized knowledge and skills, the Institute also stress on the importance of developing a sense of social justice with right attitudes and values of discipline, dedication and commitment among all its members.
|Application Forms Now Available|
XLRI takes special efforts in keeping its curriculum world class and conveying it in the most effective manner. It constantly scans the developments in business and in society and tries to pro-act to meet the challenges. In fact, in August 2016, XLRI's flagship management courses and doctoral programs got accredited by the AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. This accreditation has been earned by barely 5% of the business programs around the world. Similarly last year, in 2015, XLRI's programs were accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) as well.
XLRI's world-class faculty with its commitment and deep sense of service delivers the curriculum very effectively.
Its Management Development Programs have helped thousands of junior, middle and senior executives across the country to update their knowledge and their skills similarly its outreach programs Executive-PGP, Satellite-based Programs, General Management Programs and overseas programs have earned huge accolades from all across the globe. The Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur offers Post graduate programs in following disciplines.
|No.||Program||Course Fees (in Indian Rupees)|
|1||PGDM - Human Resource Management||10 lakh annually|
|2||PGDM - Business Management||10 lakh annually|
|3||PGDM (15 months) - General Management||17.25 lakh|
|4||Fellow Program in Management||-|
|5||Executive Fellow Program in Management||7 lakh|
- Candidates applying for XLRI’s Post Graduate Diploma in Management HRM & BM are required to have a 3 yr bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks for all subjects taken together (45% for SC/ST candidates). Candidates who are appearing for their final year examination by 10 June, 2017 may also apply.
- PGDM (GMP) applicants have to be working full-time with at least 5 years of managerial experience (as of 31 Mar, 2017)
Admission Procedure 2017-2019
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is the common test for gaining admission to different programmes in XLRI and XAT Associate Member Institutes. However, you are required to register and apply separately to the academic programmes offered by XLRI and other XAT associate member institutes of your choice.
Also read: How to register for XAT 2017
You can apply for the following courses at XLRI:
- PGDM in Business Management (BM)
- PGDM in Human Resource Management (HRM)
- PGDM in General Management (GMP)
- Fellow Program in Management
You can register for courses at XLRI either through your XAT score or your GMAT score. Let's take a look at the registration processes for both:
XLRI registration through XAT: Start by completing the registration process for XAT 2017 followed by logging on to the XLRI official website (www.xlri.edu) to begin the registration process for XLRI. Choose your interview city and rank the different programmes at XLRI in order of your preference of study. You can download an electronic copy of the prospectus from the website, though a complimentary copy will be sent to you once you have registered for the exam.
- The fee for XLRI application depends on the number of programmes you apply for. The XAT 2017 exam fee is Rs.1600. You have to pay an additional Rs. 300 for every XLRI program to which you apply.
- You can make the payment through online transaction or IDBI net banking, cash by filling in the pay-in-slip and depositing at an IDBI bank, or through a demand draft in favour of 'XLRI Programmes' payable at Jamshedpur.
- The following documents must be dispatched to the XLRI Admissions Office soon after online registration:
- XLRI confirmation page along with payment proof/ pay-in-slip/DD within fifteen days from date of payment or issuance of DD.
- Copies of educational certificates and caste certificate, if applicable.
- XLRI will declare the names of candidates shortlisted for group discussion and interview on their official website by end of January, 2017.
XLRI registration through GMAT: You can apply to select programmes at XLRI through your GMAT score as well. For XLRI 2017 admission, the GMAT score should have been obtained between 1 December, 2016 and 20 December, 2016. Indian applicants are eligible only for the PGDM General Management (GMP) through GMAT scores, while NRIs can apply to BM, HRM and GMP programs.
To register for XLRI programmes through your GMAT score, go to page acad.xlri.ac.in/gmatadmission/gmatreg.php, fill in preliminary details and create a unique ID for application. Login to the registration site using this ID and fill in details like your GMAT score, GMAT ID, academic details and work experience. Choose your interview city and select the available programmes ranking them according to your order of priority. Upload a digital signature and photograph of yourself on the registration page.
Similar to application through XAT, the fee for XLRI application based on GMAT score depends on the number or programs applied for, and is different for Indian and NRI applicants:
- For Indian applicants: Rs. 2,500 (fee remains constant irrespective of number of programs applied)
- For NRI applicants: Rs. 5,000 (fee remains constant irrespective of number of programs applied)
Payment can be made through online VISA/Master credit or debits cards or IDBI net banking if you are an IDBI account holder, via cash (submit the XLRI pay-in-slip at an IDBI Bank along with the payment) or through DD in favour of 'XLRI Programmes' payable at Jamshedpur. Make sure you update the payment details on the registration page.
Take a print out of the XLRI confirmation page and mail it to the Admissions office along with payment proof/pay-in-slip/DD, copies of your GMAT score, educational certificates and caste certificate (if applicable), within fifteen days from date of payment or issuance of DD.
XLRI declares the names of shortlisted candidates on their website and those selected or are on waiting list are also sent individual communication.
XLRI offers excellent job placements through campus interviews to its management students. Recruiters include,
- ABN Amro
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Coca Cola
- E & Y
- Goldman Sachs
- Hewitt Associates
- Morgan Stanley
|Xavier Labor Relations Institute||Circuit House Area (East)
Jamshedpur - 831001, Jharkhand
|Telephone: 91-657-398 3333
Fax: 91-657-222 7814