XAT 2017 - Xavier Aptitude Test
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a paper-based entrance examination conducted every year by Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) School of Business Management on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). XAT scores form the primary criterion for admission in MBA and other management courses at XLRI and over 100 other business schools in the country that also accept XAT scores.
XAT 2017 will be conducted at multiple test centres in 47 cities across the India and two international cities, namely Dubai and Kathmandu.
Who is the exam for?
You should consider applying for XAT exam if you are interested in pursuing post graduate management education from XLRI or other management institutions in India that accept XAT scores as one of their admission criteria. Appear for the exam if you are looking to study post graduate diploma management (PGDM) courses at XLRI in Business Management (BM), Human Resource Management (HRM), Global MBA, General Management (GM), and a fellow programme in management (FPM). Your XAT score also qualifies you to apply for management courses in over 100 associate member institutions across India.
XAT 2017 Exam Dates
XAT 2017 Admit card
Download on 20 December, 2016
XAT 2017 will be conducted on Sunday
8 January, 2017 (10 a.m. - 1.30 p.m.)
XAT 2017 Score Card & OMR Answer Sheet
22 January 2017
XAT 2017 Result
31 January 2017
Get all the important dates related to XAT 2017 and XLRI admissions on the exam dates page.
XAT Eligibility Criteria
- To be eligible to apply for XAT 2017, you must have completed your Bachelor's degree of minimum three years' duration or equivalent in any subject from a recognised university in India or abroad.
- You are also eligible for XAT if you are in the final year of graduation and will complete your final examination by 10 June, 2017. However, check the exact date of completion of final examination listed by individual XAT associate member institutes.
- NRIs can apply through GMAT scores in XLRI (Except Dubai and Kathmandu candidates)
- No age bar.
Visit the eligibility criteria page for details.
XAT Exam Pattern 2017
XAT Consists of 5 major sections:
- Verbal and Logical Ability: This section deals with comprehension and reasoning skills. What is required is the correct interpretation of passages given.
- Decision making and Analytical Reasoning: Many ethical dilemma, financial issues and other major business cases are given where one has to take a decision keeping in mind the business parameters like profit, loss and revenue.
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation: This section is a test of your basic mathematics and its applications in real life data.
- General Knowledge: General Knowledge of Geography and current affairs of over past 6 months, books, nobel lauraetes etc.
- Essay Writing: Topics given are mostly in the abstract dimension to the the coherence and flow of thoughts.
(Read: XAT Preparation Tips)
- The total duration of XAT Exam is 3.5 hours that is 210 minutes.
- The first three sections, Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making and Analytical reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation are given a sum total of 2 hours and 50 minutes, that is 170 minutes to solve.
- The remaining sections General Knowledge and Essay Writing sections are given 40 minutes to complete.
Mode of Exam:
The XAT exam continues to be pen-paper based to ensure that candidates from all backgrounds, and those who lack the familiarity of operating computer systems are not held at an disadvantage to other more computer-proficient candidates.
XAT is a three-hour long, pen-paper based test that has undergone some changes in format and overall duration since last year. Visit the exam pattern page for details.
XAT Exam Centres
You can choose to sit for XAT 2017 at any of the 47 centres across the country listed on the exam's official website. SOme of the centres are:
- New Delhi
The exam is also being conducted in two international cities of Dubai and Kathmandu. Visit the exam centres page for more centres and details.
XAT Application Form/Registration 2017
To register for XAT 2017, visit the registration page on exam's official website (xatonline.net.in). You will be asked to fill in your preliminary information, pick a password of choice and submit the form.
Apply for the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2017) anytime between 17 August - 11 December, 2016 in the following steps:
- To register for XAT 2017, visit the registration page on exam's official website (xatonline.net.in).
- You will be asked to fill in your preliminary information, pick a password of choice and submit the form.
- Upon submission of these details, you will receive a XAT ID through email, which you can use to log in and complete the remaining application formalities.
- You will also be required to upload a scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Print the confirmation page at the end of the process for reference.
Your XAT 2017 admit card and XAT 2017 results will be uploaded on the same website, and you can access your account to download these from the site itself.
You can opt to make the payment through one of the following ways:
- Online transaction on a VISA/Master credit/debit card or by IDBI net banking
- Cash payment: Take a print out of the XAT pay-in slip and visit an IDBI bank to make the payment
- Demand Draft (DD) in favour of "XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT" payable at Jamshedpur
Visit the XAT registration page for details.
XLRI Registration Process
The registration for XLRI postgraduate diploma management courses began on 17 August, 2016 and ends on 30 November, 2016. Get complete details about the registration process for XLRI on the XLRI page.
XAT/ XLRI Admission Office
XLRI Xavier School of Management
Circuit House Area (East)
Ph: 0657 665 3203/ 04/ 05
Visit: www.xatonline.net.in / www.xlri.ac.in
Toll free number: 1800 103 9574