XAT 2017: Exam Day Tips and Things You Need to Know
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2017 is scheduled to be conducted on January 8, 2017. XAT is an entrance test for admission to all the Xavier Management Institutes and Colleges. It happens to be one of the most popular management entrance exams in India. XLRI Jameshedpur conducts XAT on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes.
|Section||No. of Questions|
|Total Questions: 72||A||24|
First three sections, i.e. A, B, and C should be completed in 170 minutes, ideally.
An essay and around 25 questions will be asked to test your General Knowledge in Part 2 of XAT.
Also Read: XAT 2017 Preparation Tips
Things You Need to Know
- The total duration of XAT is 210 minutes. You have to complete the first three sections (A, B, C) as well as the essay and General Knowledge questions within the stipulated time.
- Shortlisting of candidates for the GD and PI round will be done on the basis of the candidates performance in the first three sections. The performance on the General Knowledge section of XAT will be taken into consideration only during the final selection of the candidate.
- For each incorrect answer one-fourth of a mark will be subtracted. Similarly for an unattempted question, 0.05 marks will get cut. The subtraction is not applicable for up to 12 unattempted questions post which the negative marking will begin.
- The official answer key of XAT 2017 will be released this month itself, i.e. January 2017, by XLRI Jamshedpur. XAT 2017 score and percentile can be calculated with the help of this answer key. The question paper with its explanation will also be released along with the answer key.
Also Read: XAT 2017 Prep Books
Exam Day Do's and Don't(s)
- No black or blue ballpoint pen allowed to mark on the answer sheet.
- No clarification to be taken from the XAT 2017 invigilator regarding anything in the XAT booklet.
- Test Booklet margin to be used for rough work and not any other piece of paper.
If you keep the above mentioned things in mind while preparing for the exam and after entering the exam hall as well, it will be easier for you to prepare yourself accordingly.