Apply for Ph.D Programmes through AIIMS PhD Entrance Exam 2017
Medical practitioners who are planning to research further can apply for Ph.D programme for January 2017 session, offered by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. The medical institution has invited applications for a written examination which will be held on 14th January.
The tuition fee for the 3 year Ph.D course at AIIMS is Rs.720 while the hostel fee is Rs.1080.
AIIMS Ph.D 2017 Important Dates
Stage 1 entrance exam: 14 January, 2017
Stage 1 result: 19 January, 2017
|Application Forms Now Available|
Stage 2 - Assessment by Department: 1 February, 2017
Final AIIMS Ph.D 2017 Result: 6 February, 2017
AIIMS Ph.D Entrance Exam Pattern 2016
Interested candidates can apply online (www.aiimsexams.org).
- The written examination will carry a weightage of 80 marks.
- The duration of the examination will be 90 minutes.
- The test paper will be divided in MCQs and Short Answer Question. Both the sections will have 50 and 30 questions respectively.
- One-third mark will be deducted for a wrong answer as penalty. No credit will be given for the unanswered question.
- Candidates applying should have a Master of Science degree or Master's degree in a subject pertaining to Bio Medical Sciences with at least 60% aggregate.
- Candidates with Master's degree in Nursing or Surgery/Doctor/Medicine can also apply.
- A diplomat of the National Board of Examination is also eligible.
- An MBBS degree is a must for applying with a minimum aggregate of 55%.
- Candidates who are completing the requisite qualification and degree by 31st July 2016 can also apply.
- Candidates with MSc/Masters degree less than two-years duration is required to get equivalence certificate from AIU/UGC.
- Candidates working in Central government/Semi government/autonomous organization will have to submit the application through the employer.