Top 10 Engineering And Technology Colleges in India in 2017 apart From IITs & NITs
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) had setup the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) to rank the colleges and universities across the country. The framework outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country and the parameters broadly covered are “Teaching, Learning and Resources,” “Research and Professional Practices,” “Graduation Outcomes,” “Outreach and Inclusivity,” and “Perception”.
Read: NIRF India Rankings 2017: List of Top 10 Colleges in India
|Application Forms Now Available|
With the admission season in full swing, here are top 10 engineering and technology colleges in India apart from IITs and NITs according to the 'India Ranking Report 2017':
1) Anna University Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal
3) Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu
4) Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
5) Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, Rajasthan
6) Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, West Bengal
7) Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
8) College of Engineering, Pune, Maharashtra
9) Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA) Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
10) Thapar University
Recent report suggest that single NEET-like examination for entrance to engineering colleges might start from the academic year 2018-19, The AICTE, which oversees the technical education in the country, had discussed at a recent meeting for having a single entrance test for engineering colleges for undergraduate courses. The HRD ministry has told the AICTE that the proposal is in line with the government's policy and a decision will be taken soon.