SIA Youth Scholarship & A Star India Youth Scholarship
SIA scholarship program
The SIA scholarship program is a 2-year pre-university program, awarded in only selected Singapore Junior colleges. This is one of the most esteemed and awaited scholarship for most Indian as well and other Asian students. The scholarship is awarded to exemplary candidates, and is renewed annually based on the scholars' academic and overall performance. The scholarship is awarded to programmers who are interested in a Harvard-Singapore General Certificate in Education (advanced).The scholarship gives an annual allowance of 2400 Singapore dollars along with hostel facilities. Scholars are also given an amount of 500 dollars to help them settle in Singapore.
The quality of study and teaching methods in Singapore junior colleges is exceptionally well.
This scholarship is strictly for students who are highly dedicated to their academic field.
- The applicant must hold Indian citizenship.
- He/she must be a 1998-2000 born.
- He/she must have completed their standard class 10 in the year 2016.
- The applicant must be excellent in the field of studies with outstanding results.(the minimum requirement for a scholarship is of an average of 85% / minimum 'A' )
- He/she must have passed standard class 10 with first language in studies as English.
There are certain dates and conditions that applicants must keep in mind when planning to apply for the SIA scholarship.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Step 1: Application Procedure: 6 June - 17 July, 2016
Step 2: Selection Test: Based on your application suitable candidates are selected and notified: End August - Early September, 2016
Step 3: Interview Process- The applicants who are short-listed for the interview are notified: End October - Early November, 2016
Step 4: Scholarship awarded- The best candidates are notified and given a final call by mid - late November, 2016
The scholars selected must be prepared for their departure to Singapore by the mid of January, 2017
Terms and Conditions
An applicant is allowed only one form per year. They can apply for the scholarship through the online application system. The applicant must attach certified copies of the following documents along with their forms to the SINGAPORE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION.
- Birth certificate (in English)
- Id proof/passport
- Report card of the 9th standard and class 10 national or state level examination results must be sent.
A*STAR India Youth Scholarship
This scholarship is offered by the Ministry of Education, Singapore, to outstanding Indian students who want to pursue a 4-year programme in select Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two. The student will be awarded a Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education 'Advanced' (GCE 'A') Level (or equivalent) certificate.
- Need to be an Indian national born between 2000 and 2002.
- The candidate must have completed Class 8 in 2016.
- He or she must be exceptional in her studies, having scored more than 80 per cent or Grade A in the final exams of Class 7 and 8. English must be the first language studied by the student.
- Must be competent in speaking and writing English.
- A yearly allowance of S$2,200 (for Secondary) / S$2,400 (for Pre-University) will be paid alongwith hostel accommodation
- An allowance of S$400 will be paid once for settling in.
- Return economy class airfare.
- Payment of school fees, minus the miscellaneous fees.
- Coverage of GCE 'O' Level and 'A' Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Medical benefits and accident insurance cover at subsidized packages
Students can apply online only. All the relevant documents should reach the Ministry of Education Singapore by 17 July 2016.
Apply from: 6 June to 17 July, 2016
Selection test will take place in Delhi: End August to early September 2016
Selection interview will be conducted in Delhi: End October to early November 2016
Scholarship results announced: Mid to late November 2016
Scholars reach Singapore: Late December 2016