Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship 2016
- be an Indian national based out of India currently
- have a valid Indian passport
- be below 35 years of age on 31 December, 2016
- not have had significant exposure to UK education or received UK government funding
- receive a postgraduate degree from a recognised Indian institution with a first class award (undergraduate and postgraduate) in the relevant field by October 2017
- possess leadership qualities (this will be assessed from personal statements, e.g. extracurricular activities and/or evidence of having made a difference to the country/society/participation in symposia in the relevant subject, or peer reviewed publication in the area)
- have selected a full-time doctoral research degree from the University of Cambridge beginning in September or October, 2015
- well-versed in both spoken and written English
- fulfill any other admission criteria mentioned by Cambridge University
Value of the Scholarship
The applicants must:
- select a suitable doctoral programme and supervisor at the University of Cambridge.
- Visit www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk and make formally apply to the University and simultaneously to the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships.
- Select St. John’s College as your first choice College on their BoGs application form.
- Indicate on your BoGs form that your are applying for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships and also complete the section applying for funding from the University.
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Only those applicants who get an offer of admission at St John’s College will be eligible for the award of the Scholarship.
- Candidates should NOT approach St John’s College directly at this stage.
You must apply for the scholarship on the prescribed format by 15 January, 2017 and submit it to the British Council. Click here to download the 2017 application form.
Interview (in Delhi) of short listed candidates: April, 2017 (Candidates must make their own travel and stay arrangements)
The British Council will acknowledge receipt of applications through the emails provided on the application form. Therefore you must provide your latest and accurate email ID. The British Council will not be responsible for failure in delivery of e-mail.
The British Council will contact only the short-listed candidates to invite them for interviews. You must not contact the British Council office directly.