Dr. Ambedkar Scheme of Interest Subsidy on Educational Loan for Overseas Studies for the Students belonging to the OBCs and EBCs
The Dr. Ambedkar Scheme of Interest Subsidy on Educational Loans for Overseas Studies for Other Backward Classes (OBCs) and Economically Backward Classes (EBCs) is a scheme that is dedicated for the promotion of education and more importantly education overseas among students belonging to OBCs and EBCs to study abroad in the programmes listed under this scheme.
This education loan scheme is a Central Sector Scheme which is designed to provide educational loans to students belonging to OBC and EBC category to study abroad for Masters, M.Phil. and PhD level studies.
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Students should secure admission in any of the approved courses under this scheme for Masters, M.Phil. or PhD.
- The student should avail a loan from a scheduled bank of the Indian Banks Association (IBA) under the Education Loan Scheme.
- An OBC caste certificate is necessary to be produced by the student to give it to the bank they are availing the loan from.
- For OBC candidates, the income ceiling is Rs. 3 lakh per annum.
- For EBC candidates, the income ceiling is Rs. 1 lakh per annum.
- Income certificate needs to be produced by the student while availing an educational loan which can be viz. ITR, Form 16, Audited Accounts, Income certificate (State Govt authorized), UT administration.
Courses that can be undertaken to avail the Scholarship
|1||Arts/Humanities/Social Sciences||22||Nuclear Engineering|
Information Technology (Computer Engineering,
Software, Software Quality Assurance, Networking/
Connectivity Engineering, Communication System,
|3||Pure Sciences||24||Industrial Safety Engineering|
|4||Engineering||25||Agriculture and Agro Technology|
|6||Industrial Environmental Engineering||27||Medical|
|7||Nano-Technology||28||Floriculture & Landscaping|
|8||Marine Engineering||29||Food Sciences and Technology|
|9||Petrochemical Engineering||30||Forestry and Natural Resources|
|11||Cryogenic Engineering||32||Plant Pathology|
|13||Automation Robotics (Artificial Intelligence)||34||Farm Power and Machinery|
|14||Laser Technology||35||Veterinary Sciences|
|15||Low Temperature Thermal Dynamics||36||Soils and Water Management|
|16||Optometry||37||Plant Breeding and Genetics|
|17||Art Restoration Technology||38||Small-scale Rural Technology|
|18||Dock and Harbour Engineering||39||Ocean & Atmospheric Sciences|
|19||Imaging System Technology||40||MBA|
Composite Materials Engineering including
Decentralized Power Distribution system,
Energy Storage Engineering, Energy
Conservation, Energy Efficient Habitat
|21||Packaging Engineering/Technology||42||Any Other Subject **|
** A subject can be added or deleted by the Ministry as per the situation.