Edinburgh Napier University, Scotland Scholarships for Indian Subcontinent Students
Edinburgh Napier University, Scotland has invited applications from undergraduate and postgraduate students belonging to the Indian subcontinent for scholarships for the academic session 2013 to 2014.
Every year six scholarships (amounting to 2,000 pounds reduction on tuition fees) are given to meritorious students belonging to India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka so that they can attend full time postgraduate, part-time courses and graduate programs in the following institutes:
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Edinburgh Napier University Business School
- Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Creative Industries
- Faculty of Health Life and Social sciences
The ranking of applications will be done by the faculties of each department, the final decision is taken by the Academic Vice principal and there is no right to appeal.
The closing dates for the scholarships are:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships (session starting August 2013): 31 May, 2013
- Undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships (sessions starting January 2014): 15 October, 2013
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must meet the following:
- Be a citizen of the country outlined in the scheme
- Have a secondary education degree from the country of origin
- Postgraduate programme applicants must have 65 percent marks in the graduation degree or have obtained 7.0 of International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent in a similar English proficiency test
- Undergraduate programme applicant must have scored 85 percent in high school or 10+2 examination, or 7.0 IELTS
The scholarships are given for acquiring graduate and postgraduate degrees from the university.
Applications with photocopies attached must be sent to: Idea, Edinburgh Napier University, Room 5.B.24, Sighthill Campus, Sighthill court, Edinburgh, EH11 4BN.
Duly filled in application forms must have the following details:
- Personal details-name, valid mailing id, educational qualification, language proficiency (if English is not your first language)
- Details of the programme you wish to join
- Financial information regarding any grants or bursaries that you have either applied or have been already awarded to determine your expenses
- Financial information regarding present financial condition of the applicant, taking account of the income of the family and the responsibility of dependents on the students in 500 words
- Information of achievements, both personal and academic with proof
- A written document as to why you are a strong contender of the scholarship and your purpose for study
- Receipt of the payment of 3,500 pounds as fee deposit
Only complete application forms will be considered and all the claims must be supported by genuine proof when asked for. If at any juncture the applicant is found to be fraudulent the scholarship can be withheld and the amount granted has to be returned.
Check the following:
- You will get an acknowledgement as soon as your application has been received
- Certain courses may require an interview or audition before the scholarship is offered
- If get the offer, you must return the response slip stating your choice immediately
To discuss details pertaining to qualification or while preparing your application contact:
- Phone: 08452 60 60 40, for international students +44 (0)131 444 2877
- Mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org, or log on to the official website
Regarding the application process, enquire through:
- email@example.com for undergraduate students
- firstname.lastname@example.org for post graduate students
"How to apply," Edinburgh Napier University, http://www.courses.napier.ac.uk/Content.aspx?ID=2
"About us," Edinburgh Napier University, http://www.napier.ac.uk/about/pages/about.aspx
"International students," Edinburgh Napier University, http://www.napier.ac.uk/study/international/funding/Pages/India-scholarships.aspx