Great Britain Scholarships for Indian Students 2017-18
The British Council is offering 198 scholarships for Indian students worth 1 million pounds for the academic year 2017-2018. 40 institutes across UK are participating in this program. The British Council has announced the Great Britain Scholarships - India 2017 for students intending to study in UK.
The Great Britain Scholarships for Indian students for the year 2017 are divided into 29 under graduate scholarships and 169 postgraduate scholarships. The under graduate and postgraduate courses include Engineering, Law, Art and Design, Management, Business and IT, Bio-Science and more.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Application Date and Documents Required
Applications dates vary depending on the University. However, the documents required for the scholarship are listed below.
- Bank Statements
- Police Registration Certificate
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Previous Qualifications
- Scholarship Letter (if receiving one)
- TB Test Results (not applicable for UK residents)
Eligibility Criteria and Entry Requirements
- The first and the mail requirement to apply for this scholarship is the nationality. Only Indian national students are eligible to apply for the Great Britain Scholarship 2017.
- The entry requirement is different according to each university and will be available on the university's official website.
- For an entry into the undergraduate course, the educational qualifications should be equivalent to the ones recognized in the UK.
- For postgraduate courses, a relevant undergraduate degree is a must.
- Work experience could be an eligibility criteria for some courses under this scholarship as well.
Test Requirements and English Language Requirements
All universities will have various entry level tests that need to be cleared to get admission into one of their courses. The test scores needed for a Law course will be on the higher side.
English Language proficiency tests accepted by all the universities are International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic), and Cambridge English Language Assessment. The English Language test needs to be approved by UK Visa and Immigration Services.
The Great Britain Scholarships - India 2017 offered by the British Council offer scholarships worth 1 million pounds for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Customer Service Number: (0120) 4569000 / 6684353 (Monday - Saturday, 9.00 am to 6.00 pm)
General Enquiries: IndiaCustomerCare@britishcouncil.org
Exam Enquiries: ExamsCustomerCare@britishcouncil.org (include the exam name and your contact details in the email always)