Huawei Maitree Scholarship for Study in China
Huawei, the Chinese multinational networking and telecommunications equipment and services company, has instituted the "Huawei Maitree Scholarship Program 2013" to aid Indian undergraduate and graduate students who wish to pursue higher studies in China. 10 scholarships will be provided every year to select Indian students for undergraduate and post graduate studies in China.
About the Huawei Maitree Scholarship Program 2013
Students will have the opportunity to earn scholarships to various post graduate and undergraduate courses in emerging disciplines like science and technology, social and culture studies and programs related to development. The duration of the scholarship is one academic year. Each year the scholarship is renewed only if the candidate gets a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or 80 percent marks in the last academic session. Each scholarship covers the student's full tuition fee and living expenses for the duration of his or her study in China. All recognized Chinese universities are covered under the scholarship programme.
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Announcement of scholarships: 16 April, 2012
- Last date for submission of application forms online: 1 July, 2013
- Release of list of candidates qualifying for the interview session: 30 July, 2012
- Final list of selected candidates: 1 August, 2013
The following criteria have been established for eligibility, you must have all of the following:
- Be a citizen of India, not more than 32 years of age as of 1 April, 2013.
- No criminal background or awaited charges pending in Indian court.
- A very good academic track record
- Independent admission to any recognised college or university in China before applying for the scholarship.
- No other scholarship programs, whether corporate or government, for the same program which you are taking admission in China.
Apart from this, the candidate must be of sound personality, sharp mental aptitude and eager to attain academic excellence. The selection committee will review applications and after selecting some will call candidates for interviews. It will then recommend which candidates should get scholarships.
- Application submission is strictly via the official website, huaweischolarships.org
- Application forms must be completed with accurate details of schools and university marks, awards, research work for postgraduate degrees and professional experience.
- Provide the reference of two academics or people from the education sector.
- Provide proof of admission to the college or university in China.
- The application form must have a statement of purpose for choosing to study abroad within 300 words.
- The application form must have copies of degree certificates or course certificates and mark sheets wherever necessary.
- Certificates pertaining to awards must be submitted because they may favour the candidate's selection.
To contact the authorities, you must log on to the official site, go the Contact section and leave your message with name, mail ID and mobile number.
"Email Us," Huawei, http://www.huaweischolarships.org/contact.aspx
"Huawei Maitree Scholarship Programme," Huawei, http://www.huaweischolarships.org/
"Programme," Huawei, http://www.huaweischolarships.org/about_scholar.aspx