Imperial College India Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships 2014
The Imperial College India Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships are offered to Indian to study for a postgraduate programme at the Imperial College London. These scholarships are available to Indian nationals residing in India and are funded by the alumni and supporters of the Imperial College India Foundation.
For scholarships for 2014, there is one full PhD studentship and two funded Master's studentships available.
About the scholarship
Each scholarship covers the full cost of (overseas) tuition fees, a maintenance allowance, some additional costs, and an airfare to India. The total value of each of the full scholarships per year is 40,000 pounds. This includes:
- Maintenance allowance equal to Imperial's minimum stipend allowance in any given year.
- An arrival allowance
- One return flight to India
The Imperial College London invites applications to the following departments:
- Centre for Environmental Policy
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Earth Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Imperial College Business School
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
|Application Forms Now Available|
- have applied through the normal application process and been offered admission to a postgraduate programme (either M.Sc. or Ph.D) by the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Natural Sciences or by the Imperial College Business School
- exhibit intellectual ability and leadership potential; and be committed to giving back to the society and using your abilities to contribute to India once you return
- be deserving financial support in order to pursue your studies
- have an adequate standard of English, i.e. at least 6.5 in IELTS
- display an intention to return to India within three years of completing the degree at the College
Candidates who have not already completed a degree at a higher education institution outside India, will be given priority for the scholarship.
- Candidates apply directly to the college following the standard process.
- Once you have completed your application to college, you should download and complete the scholarship application form.
- This form must be signed by your supervisor and head of department.
- You must submit this application form along with a copy of your college application and parental tax returns.
- The application deadline for the October 2014 entry is Friday, 14 March, 2014.
For any clarifications related to this scholarship, please contact Clare Turner (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)