J C Bose Fellowship 2016
In an attempt to provide a leg up to scientific research and pioneering engineering ideas in the country, the Department of Science and Technology has instituted the J.C. Bose National Fellowship, a scholarship named after one of the most brilliant scientists of India, Shri Jagdish Chandra Bose.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Jagdish Chandra Bose National Fellowship:
The scholarship is aimed to identify and promote active scientists and engineers who have exemplary performance records and the desire to continue with research in India. All areas of science and engineering are covered under this program. Nominations are invited each year by the government to identify the best minds in the country.
- The student should be an Indian national, residing in the country
- Age limit: 68 years at the time of completion of fellowship
- Degree: Higher degree or equivalent, which is either a master’s degree/ Ph.D/ MD in the fields of science/ engineering or medicine, with substantial work experience in the field of their study
- Research publication and proven record of such recognitions is a must
- Regular students (candidates) can only apply. Candidates must be currently enrolled in a research program at a recognized university/institute/organization on a full-time basis. If the candidate is currently on any other scholarship, then they will have to opt out of one of the two scholarships. They cannot opt for both scholarships simultaneously.
The initial duration of the fellowship will be for five years. Further extension will depend on the research requirements.
Value of Fellowship
- The fellowship will be at a value of Rs. 25,000 each month, apart from the regular research income.
- Additional grant of Rs. 15 lakh each year for research will be provided to attend conferences and handle other research-related expenses.
- Another 1.00 lakh will be granted to the host institute.
- Eligibility for fellowship of the J. C. Bose National Scholarship will be provided to facilitate research grants, which will be funded by extramural schemes through tie-ups with S&T agencies along with the Indian government, funding sources.
J C Bose National Fellowships Selection Criteria
- It is compulsory for candidates to work at their current employment location.
- Interested and eligible candidates can access registration forms to avail this scholarship at the research institutions, endorsed online on their websites.
- SERB (Science and Engineering Research Board) will be open for submissions of appropriate recommendations and nominations from the institutes, which offer the scholarships.
- Selection of candidates will be done by the appointed committee (search-cum selection).
- Institutions that offer the scholarship through successful mechanisms will carry out scrutinizing of nominations and their recommendations.
- SERB also accepts nominations from interested engineers and scientists, who want to avail this scholarship.
This scholarship is available for nominations throughout the year and there is no last date for registration for the year 2016 either.
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi, awarded the “J.C. Bose National Fellowship 2013” to the Vice-Chancellor of the Punjab Agricultural University (PAU), Dr.Baldev Singh Dhillon in recognition of his outstanding performance and contributions to the scientific research. A total of Rs. 6,50,000 was provided to Dr. Dhillon as a fellowship.
Other recipients in the past have included Prof. K. N. Ganesh, Director, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune, and Prof. V. Chandrasekhar, Director, National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar.
|Application Forms Now Available|