Margdarshi Fellowships 2015 for Biomedical Research
The Margdarshi Fellowship programme facilitates funding to scientists in biomedical research who hold an exemplary career performance and a clean track record in their field of study. This fellowship program is designed to motivate researchers of biomedical field to set up their own study or research. Candidates who are overseas or researchers from India are eligible to apply for the same.
This fellowship is set up by the Wellcome Trust, UK and Department of Biotechnology (DBT) India Alliance which is an independent charity registered in India & is a 4 year funding initiative for the best and brightest of biomedical researchers who aim to pursue their work in India. For 2015-2016, India Alliance has set apart Rs.22 crores.
|Application Forms Now Available|
The following are the details of the Margdarshi Fellowship Programme through which opportunities to further new research and development will be encouraged and executed for both individuals and host institutions.
The last date for accepting applications is 14 May, 2015. Interviews will be held in November, 2015.
- Candidates from India and those of international origin and residency are permitted to apply for this fellowship
- No age limit has been set for this fellowship. However, the candidate must have a genuine research to approach for the fellowship
- Candidates with good leadership qualities, outstanding track record in biomedical research, experience of mentoring young and budding scientists, extramural funds acquired in the past and who have national and international collaborations established by them in their profile are eligible to apply
- Candidates must have qualified with exemplary ethics in their work standards and maintain sound finances during their current and previous researches
- Up to two host institutions can sponsor the candidate eligible to apply for this fellowship; at least one such sponsorship is mandatory for application.
Fellowship details & provisions
- This 5-year tenure fellowship is designed to provide the following to the selected candidates:
- Support for General and Personal needs for the Fellow
- Assistant professors also get a full salary
- All Equipments and necessary supplies will be provided (animals included)
- Funding for conferences and research related meetings and its organizing supplies
- Support for overhead costs to be provided to host institutions
- Candidates and host institutions must provide an estimated budget for their research to be earmarked by the India Alliance towards this fellowship grants.
- Provision for flexibility of the grants is given as per the research progress and requirement from time to time
- Margdarshi Fellowship Programme will hold the authority to grant the funds to eligible applicants and decide upon how many Fellowships will be granted each year, decided by the individual's work quality of previous and current experience.
- Interested application can submit their detailed outlined budget in cognizant with the host institution.
- The applicants are requested to apply through three separate forms:
- Applicant Form: Available online at IASys (www.wellcomedbt.org/iasys.html) which will lead to the sponsorship page
- Sponsorship Form: Individual form submission for lead applicant as well sponsor is requested. For two sponsors, each institute will have to make separate submission of sponsorship forms.
- Consent Form: This form is to be submitted by each (or one) Sponsor individually who will provide his/her consent in the same; the format of which is available in the application form.
The Margdarshi Fellowship Programme committee will review the forms, assess the applications, and submit their evaluation for assessment to India Alliance. Subject to the committee's decision, suitable candidates will be selected and informed.