Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students
The Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) is a 5 year fellowship that offers financial assistance to students belonging to minority communities such as Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi communities for pursuing (Full Time) studies leading to M.Phil/ Ph.D. degree in Arts (Humanities), Social Sciences, Sciences, Technology & Engineering and not availing of the benefit of JRF of UGC-NET or UGC-CSIR NET.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANE)
These scholarships will be implemented by the Ministry of Minority Affairs through UGC and students who are awarded this Fellowship will be known as Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA) scholars. There are 756 fellowships on offer every year out of which 3% is reserved for physically handicapped students belonging to the minority communities.
You need to meet the following conditions to be eligible for award of this fellowship
- You should belong to one of the minority communities notified under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992 i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Parsis. Jains have also been included in 2014)
- You should get admission and registration for regular and full time M.Phil/Ph.D courses in University/Academic Institution by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institution, subject to provisions of the Fellowship as per advertisement of UGC.
- Once you're selected for this, you won't be eligible for benefits from any other source, Central or State Government or any other body like UGC for the same study.
- Prior clearance of NET/SLET examination will not be a prerequisite for award of Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students for M.Phil/Ph.D.
- In order to qualify for the award of JRF/ SRF the UGC norms would be applicable at pre-M.Phil and pre-Ph.D stage, respectively, including the minimum score of 50% at post graduate level.
- Your parents'/ guardians' total income should not be more than Rs. 4.5 lakh.
Name of the Course
Admissibility of JRF and SRF
M.Phil + Ph.D
2 Years,Remaining 3 years(SRF)
The MANF scholarship will be available to you for 2 years initially. After that your research work will be assessed by a panel and if found satisfactory, your tenure will be extended for another 3 years.
The rate of fellowship for JRF and SRF will be at par with the UGC fellowship as amended from time to time. Presently these rates are as follows:
@ Rs.25,000 p.m. for initial two years (JRF)
@ Rs.28,000 p.m. for remaining tenure (SRF)
Contingency for Arts & Commerce
@ Rs.10,000 p.a. for initial two years.
@ Rs.20,500 p.a. for remaining three years
Contingency for Sciences & Engineering
@ Rs.12,000 p.a. for initial two years
@ Rs.25,000 p.a. for remaining three years.
@ Rs.3,000 p.a. per student to the host institution for providing infrastructure
@ Rs.2,000 p.m. for physically and visually challenged candidates
Deadline to apply for MANF: 30 June, 2016
Selections to Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) will be based on merit. Apply for Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) here: www.ugc.ac.in/manf