Maulana Azad Scholarship For Meritorius Girl Students
The Maulana Azad Educational Foundation (MAEF) was established on the occasion of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad's birth centenary. The foundation was registered under the Societies registration act 1860 on July 6th 1989. It is a non-political non-profit voluntary organization that promotes education with scholarships to girls from weaker sections of the society. It is funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs. The Honorable ministry of Minority Affairs is the ex-officio chairman of the foundation.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Maulana Azad Education Foundation Scholarship:
Maulana Azad Education Foundation and Ministry of Minority Affairs have invited applications from meritorious girl students belonging to minority communities (Muslims, Christians, Jains, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsis) for the Maulana Azad National Scholarship 2016-17.
The scholarships will cover college/ school fees, purchase of prescribed books in syllabus, purchase of stationary and for boarding and lodging expenses.
The amount of the scholarship is Rs.12,000 that will be released in two installments.
- Availability of forms (Online): 1 October to 15 November 2016
- Last date for submission of forms (Printed): 30 November, 2016
- Only girl students belonging to minorities like Muslims Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsees can apply for the Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Girls.
- The applicant must have scored at least 55% marks in the Secondary school examination 10+2 from a recognized board to qualify for the application. The list of boards has been listed in the official website.
- Family income of the student should be less than Rs.1 lakh.
- Students from Agricultural /horticulture family as source of family income, must state the total holding of land both irrigated and non-irrigated.
- Students from business class must specify the nature of business as well as turnover and total income.
- If mother is employed then details of her income must also be mentioned.
- The income certificate (in Hindi or English only) must be supplied with the form.
- Admission slip to class XI must be attached along with the attestation from the principle of the college where the student is studying now.
- The college/university that the applicant wishes to follow must be recognized
- Applicants should not be recipient of scholarship from any other program.
- Applications are to be downloaded from the official website, www.maef.nic.in
- Application may be submitted by post or directly to the foundation in between 10 am to 5 pm on all working days.
- There are no charges or fees payable
- Sanction letter or cheque will be send via registered post directly to the residence address
- The application along with the photocopies of mark sheet should be attested by the principal
Mr. M. W. Ansari, IPS
Maulana Azad Education Foundation
Ministry of Minority Affairs
Social Justice Service Centre, Chelmsford Road
Opposite New Delhi railway reservation center
New Delhi- 110055
Fax No. +91-11-23561945
Official website: www.mae.nic.in