Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI) is prominently involved in providing scholarships to graduates from Indian Universities who have obtained admission in either Oxford or Cambridge. OCSI grants part-cost awards (also known as Oxbridge scholarships) for undergraduate, post graduate and research in any discipline available at the universities of Cambridge and Oxford, UK. The level of study will include the following programmes:
|Application Forms Now Available|
- Research leading to Ph.D. degree
- One year post-graduate courses(e.g M.Phil, LLM, BCL, MBA etc)
- Bachelor's Degree programme
- Taught and research based Master's programme( M.Sc, engineering or medicine)
- Second Bachelors degree
Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI):
OCSI selects at least one student annually but this number is subject to change from year to year depending upon the generosity of the donors.
The OCSI is offering scholarships for the academic year 2017-2018 as listed below:
- One OCSI scholarship worth INR 400,000 (Rupees Four Lacs only) tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lac only) tenable only at Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lac only) tenable only at Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lac only) tenable only at St. Hilda's College, University of Oxford
- One scholarship worth GBP 1,000 (British Pound One Thousand only) tenable only to read Economics at the University of Cambridge
As an OSCI scholar, you may find assistance for other scholarship awarding bodies on the basis of recommendations from the society and the scholarship letter.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of India and ordinarily resident in India
- Be not more than 30 years of age on May 1 of the year of application for the award
- Be a graduate from an Indian University (applicants who are expected to graduate in the year of the award are also eligible to apply)
- Have applied for and received a letter of acceptance to a full-time course at the University of Cambridge or University of Oxford.
- Have applied under the level of study as laid down above.
Candidates are reminded that OSCI scholars are expected to return to India after completing their course of study at Cambridge or Oxford.
The application forms for OSCI scholarships would be available on the website of the Society by January every year. Applicants must send the completed forms to OSCI by 30 April, 2017. Short-listed candidates shall be called for interview in New Delhi in early June.
Applications open: January 2017
Last date for submission of application forms: 30 April 2017
Short-listing of candidates for interview: End May 2017
Interviews: June 2017 in New Delhi
Announcement of scholarship awards: July 2017
Application forms are available by downloading from the website of OSCI and are not available from the office of the Society. The announcement about the scholarship will be sent to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, the British council and selected Indian colleges by February 1. The short-listed candidates shall be informed by 15th May and later called for interview. The final award offer may be made to selected candidates within two weeks of the scholarship interviews being held. This scholarship is not available to those who have received full scholarships from other institution at the time of receiving the award.
Candidates must complete the application form and send it to:
The Honorary Secretary,
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India,
20A Palam Marg, Vasant Vihar,
You can visit the OSCI website for more information.
The scholarships and other related details are subject to change, please check with the nearest centre or website.
"Scholarships and Forms", The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India, http://www.oxbridgeindia.com/scholarship.php