AICTE Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girl Students
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is the premier government body in India which is concerned with developing a competent and professional workforce for work in the countless factories and industries within the country that are run by the government. With the recent push by the government to spread technical education to wider areas in the country and increase the levels of education being spread and imparted to technical trainees, there have been many scholarships that have been established to help technical trainees acquire an education that will allow them to work happily and live with dignity.
Pragati Scholarship by AICTE for Women pursuing Technical Education
A substantial portion of these new scholarships are aimed towards empowering women by helping them acquire the technical education they need in order to become working members of their respective families and fully functioning members of society. The Pragati Scholarship by AICTE for Women pursuing Technical Education is one such and offers scholarships to 4000 female students. This article provides all the details necessary for applying for the scholarship and understanding the benefits that students who are selected will get from it.
- AICTE will award scholarships to 4000 female students on a merit basis.
- The amount of the scholarship is tuition fee of Rs. 30,000 or at actual, whichever is less and Rs. 2000 per month for 10 months as incidentals each year.
The following are the eligibility criteria for selection to the PRAGATI scholarship:
|Application Forms Now Available|
- One Girl per family where the family income is less than Rs. 6 lakh per annum
- The candidates should have been admitted to 1st year if the Degree or Diploma program in any of the AICTE approved institute during the academic year 2014-2015 through centralized admission process of the State /Central Government.
Required Documents for Application
Applicants for the scholarship (already pursuing technical courses in AICTE approved institutes) will need to fill up the requisite forms which can be found here and furnish the authorities with the following forms as well:
- Copies of mark sheet of standard Xth / XIIth / others as applicable.
- Copy of Annual Family Income certificate for the financial year 2013-14 in the prescribed format issued by Tahasidar or Higher officer
- Copy of Admission letter to Diploma/Degree Course
- Copy of Tuition Fee Receipt
- Copy of Bank Pass Book showing name of the student, account number, IFSC code and photograph.
- Copy of student PAN card (if available)
- Copy of AADHAAR card (if available)
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/ Head of Institute
- Declaration by Parents
The filled in application form along with scanned and attested copies of the mentioned certificates must be e-mailed to: email@example.com on or before 30th October, 2016.
The Pragati Scholarship is one of the best and most helpful scholarships for female students at technical institutions and provides them with the necessary funding to pursue and complete their education without worrying about finances. This is a great step towards the goal of empowering women through education.