Raman Charpak Fellowship 2016
Applications have been invited by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and the French Embassy in India, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of France, and Indo-French Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research for the Raman-Charpak Fellowship. Ph.D. students from India and France in certain areas of study are eligible for the Raman-Charpak Fellowship 2016, created in honour of the Nobel laureates Sir C.V. Raman and Prof. Georges Charpak.
Raman Charpak Fellowship 2016
The areas for which the fellowship may be granted are as follows:
- Physical sciences
- Mathematical and computational sciences
- Material sciences
- Medical sciences
- Atmospheric and earth sciences
- Chemical sciences
- Engineering sciences
- Life sciences
The duration of the fellowship is three to six months.
Nature of financial support
- Fellowship of 1,300 euros every month will be given to cover accommodation and social security charges for Indian students in France
- Fellowship of Rs. 25,000 will be given plus charges of accommodation will be given to French students visiting India
- Air ticket in economy class for traveling from and back to the country
- Travel and health insurance
- Administrative costs for visa and other formalities (for example, registration charges in France)
- Availability of applications: Available online at the official website, www.cefipra.org
- Last date of submission of application forms: 30 June, 2016
- Declaration of results: End of July 2016
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the fellowship:
- If you are an applicant of India, you must be a citizen. You must be registered for a Ph.D. degree in a research institute or recognised university in India.
- If you are an applicant from France, you must be residing in France and must be registered for a Ph.D. program in a recognised university or research institute in France.
- Have a master's degree in science, technology or medicine from a recognised university with top grades.
- Not be over 30 years as of 1 April, 2016.
- If you have already availed the program you cannot be considered once again.
Applications have to be filled in and submitted online. Postal applications are not acknowledged. Only completed applications with the following documents will be considered:
- Research work proposed in not more than five pages
- Proof of experience in work in research
- Curriculum vitae
- Acceptance letter from the Indian/French host scientist, mentioning his or her availability during the student's visit
- Reference letters from scientists and supervisors
- Certificates pertaining to master's degree and bachelor's degree
- Age proof
It is strongly appreciated if applicants fill in the forms early and not at the end of the deadline.
Adress: The Director, Indo-French Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research, 5B ground Floor, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110 003
Phone number: +91 11 2468 2251
Email: Queries can also be posted at email@example.com
"Raman-Charpak Fellowship 2013 Call for Applications," Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR), http://cefipra.org/raman-charpak/31.05.13_Call_for_Raman_Charpak.pdf