Raman Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research for Indian Scholars in United States of America
The University Grants Commission (UGC) offers the Raman Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research for Indian Scholars in United States of America (USA). Designed specifically to help Indian Ph.D students to secure funding for research and study in any recognized educational institution in the United States, the scholarship offers to pay for all costs associated with the research for a period of up to 12 months.
The scholarship has been established with the intent of providing aspiring Ph.D students with the financial backing they require to conduct the Post Doctoral research in their respective fields of study, develop professional relationships with scholars from the United States and acquire new knowledge and skills currently being used or developed by American scholars so that they can bring them back to India and benefit the education system of the nation.
The following is a list of conditions that must be met by individuals who wish to apply for this scholarship:
- You must hold the post of permanent teacher at a university/institution recognized by UGC under 2(f) and 12B of UGC Act.
- Have no less than 60% marks in their post-graduate degree.
- Your Ph.D degree can be in any of the following academic fields - Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Science, Engineering, Technology, Agricultural Sciences or MD/MS/Ph.D. in Medical Sciences.
- You will be required to furnish the panel with the relevant documents that validate them having conducted independent research in their academic domain. The most ready evidence of the same shall be published work in peer reviewed journals preferably indexed.
- You should not be older than 40 years as on 1st June, 2015.
- You should have been accepted by a US university/ scientific/ technological/ research institution, which is internationally recognized as an outstanding institution where considerable progress has been made in his chosen area of study.
- You will be responsible for the correspondence with the relevant US educational institution and securing a place on the research team. The UGC will require a minimal evidence of the same and it can be through electronic communication.
- The US institution must be willing to lend its resources to the candidate and contribute towards furthering the knowledge of the relevant subject.
All selected candidates will receive a fellowship grant of $ 3000 per month. Candidates applying for fellowships lasting up to 6 months or 12 months will receive a grant of $ 600 and $ 1200 respectively for traveling within the US to attend conferences, seminars and the like. In addition, candidates will be eligible for a one-time-only personal contingency grant of up to Rs. 50,000 to cover for visa, airport transfer, medical insurance etc. The institution shall purchase the air ticket of the candidate through the shortest and most direct route and the UGC shall reimburse the same.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Areas of research proposal
Your proposal should address any of the following challenges:
- Energy, especially renewable energy,
- Environment, especially climate change,
- Health, especially public health,
- Food security,
- Information security
- Urban Planning and Development
Last date to submit application: 31 July, 2015