Sheffield Hallam University's Scholarship for Sport Business Management
The Sheffield Hallam University, UK is offering scholarships to six Indian students for postgraduate study in sports business management.
This scholarship is offered as part of the British Council's initiative the 'GREAT' campaign to promote educational opportunities in UK to Indian students. The GREAT scholarship initiative, launched under one of the biggest scholarship programme by the British Council for Indian students, operates by working with partners across governmental educational sectors to promote UK as a desired destination to study. (9 Reasons for Indian Students to Study in the UK.) Over 35 institutions are a part of this initiative.
A total of six scholarships are offered to students to study MSC Sport Business management in the University for the academic year 2014. The scholarship amount will be worth £3,750 for each candidate. The course is developed with the intention to enhance the skills and knowledge required for a career in spectator and recreational sports.
In addition to the scholarship amount, selected candidates will get:
|Application Forms Now Available|
- An opportunity to become an alumni ambassador on returning to India
- To attend various events designed to enhance learning experience with fellow scholars
As a recipient of the scholarship award, you may be required to represent Sheffield Hallam University through various programmes during the course and after finishing the course.
Applicants who wish to apply for the scholarship for courses beginning from September 2014 must submit their applications by 31 May, 2014.
Candidates should fulfill the minimum criteria to be eligible to apply for the programme :
- You must meet the minimum requirement of 2.1 or equivalent in your honours degree. Applicants should enclose transcripts along with their application forms.
- You should have received an unconditional/conditional offer to study full time MSC Sports Business Management at the university.
- You should be applying for a one year full-time postgraduate course with Sheffield Hallam University for the academic year 2014.
- You must be able to self-fund your studies.
- You must have scored a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
- You should be domiciled in India
- Should be self sufficient to support additional fees during the course of the programme.
Once you are accepted for the course, you can apply separately for the scholarship. You can download the application form and send the complete application form along with relevant documents to the address provided below.
For any queries or clarification you can contact at the following address:
Sheffield Hallam University
804 Mercantile House
15 Kasturba Gandhi Marg
New Delhi 110001, India
"India GREAT Scholarships - MSc Sport Business Management", http://www.shu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-bursaries/india-great.html
"The Great Campaign", http://www.britishcouncil.org/organisation/facts/programmes-and-initiatives/great-campaign
"British Council announces scholarships worth INR 100 million", http://www.britishcouncil.in/study-uk/british-council-announces-scholarships-worth-inr-100-million