Inlaks Study Abroad Scholarships
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation was set up by Mr. Indoo Shivdasani, a Cambridge educated, highly successful businessman who firmly believed that the young should study abroad to fully develop their capacity. Indoo Shivdasani & his wife, Lakshmi, thus set up the "Inlaks" Shivdasani foundation that has been sending young Indians to study abroad since 1976.
- The foundation has awarded scholarships in India since 1976. Only those talented people who have a flair for their chosen field are chosen.
- The scholarships are of two types:
Scholarships for University Courses: Scholarships (of not more than USD 1,00,000) are granted at the top American, European and UK institutions for funding requirements including tuition fees. If your tuition fee + living expenses are going to exceed USD 1,00,000, then you must show proof that you can cover your extra costs on your own.
The Foundation has joint scholarship schemes with Imperial College (London); Royal College of Art, London; School of Oriental and African Studies (London); Cambridge Trust, and Cambridge and SciencesPo, Paris.
The Foundation does not give scholarships in the following subjects: Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation.
However in case of Imperial College, scholarships will be given for Engineering and Computer Science.
Scholarships for Specific Programs Proposed by the Candidate: Scholarships for Research, training or Professional improvement to be carried out abroad either independently or attached to a leading Institution, and not leading to a degree.
Candidates must provide the full details of the proposed program along with the bifurcations in the financial requirement like travelling, maintenance allowance and Tuition fees.
Also check out what the Inlaks Research Travel Grant is.
- Availability of Application forms: 10 January, 2017
- Last date for receiving applications by the foundation: 15 April, 2017
- Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens resident in India.
- Candidates are expected to hold a good first degree from a recognized University in India.
- Indian citizens who hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized university outside India, must have resided continuously and been employed or been studying in India, for at least two years at the time of applications.
- Candidates holding a postgraduate degree from university outside India or those who have started but not completed a postgraduate degree outside India are not eligible. Institutions must only be top rank.
- It is essential that you already have the admission/ offer letter to a highly ranked institution and the course chosen.
- Candidates must be under 30 years of age as of 1 July, in the year of application.
- The award of other grants, teaching assistantships and support from other sources for the proposed program will be regarded by the foundation as a positive factor.
- Applications are also encouraged from young people currently employed.
- Application forms are to be either downloaded from the official website www.inlaksfoundation.org or can be obtained by writing to Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation, c/o Inlaks India Foundation, 86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point, Mumbai -400021.
- Duly filled application forms must be posted to the same address.
- The application form must include:
i) Evidence of admission to a university or a course, and a full detail of the institutes financial requirement
ii) One self-addressed stamped (Rs. 10/-) envelope measuring 4"x9"
iii) Candidates in Architecture, fine and applied arts and related subjects must submit a maximum of 10 samples of their work on CD/DVD, mentioning the size, material used and date of completion.
iv) Candidates for Film, Dance, and Acting must submit CD/DVD too.
v) Evidence of outstanding achievement in extra-curricular activities.
vi) Do not send copies of academic certificates along with the application forms. They will be necessary later on.
- Applications are evaluated and the committee calls for the most interesting applications for interview in Mumbai or Delhi, in the months of May and June in two stages namely Preliminaries and Finals.
- Candidates who have not been contacted by 1 June of the year of application must assume that their applications have not been successful.
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation
C/o Inlaks India Foundation
86/87 Atlanta Nariman Point