Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation PG Scholarship Program
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation is a not-for-profit organization set up by Mr. Narotam Sekhsaria, an entrepreneur with a strong sense of social commitment. A UDCT graduate with distinction who promoted Gujarat Ambuja Cements and led the organization to become the most efficient cement company in India.
|Application Forms Now Available|
In 2002, he established the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation to undertake activities in the areas of health, education and employment generation in order to recognize and promote intellectual excellence.
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation PG Scholarship is offered every year to Indian students with consistently high academic record.The Foundation award its postgraduate scholarship to students who wants to pursue their studies in the fields of Pure Sciences, Applied Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, Law, Architecture and Management at prestigious Indian and international universities.
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation PG scholarship amount, extending up to a maximum of Rs. 20 lakhs, is awarded on the basis of the Foundation’s assessment of prospective candidates.
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation PG Scholarship is awarded to students who fulfil the following criteria:
- Must be Indian nationals residing in India.
- Must be students below 30 years of age.
- Must be graduate from a recognized university. Students in the final year of a degree course and those awaiting their results are also eligible to apply.
- Students having sought admission for a postgraduate degree program at any prestigious university and are awaiting a decision from a university are also eligible to apply.
The applications for the Narotam Sekhsaria’s scholarships for post-graduation for every academic year opens in the month of January.
- All application is done online. Candidates are required to complete the registration online at (http://pg.nsfoundation.co.in)
- Upon registration the login credentials are sent to the registered email ID.
- The application fee is Rs. 500/- which is payable either online through Net Banking or offline by sending a Demand Draft.
- On receiving the application fee, the candidate will be able to access the form online by logging in with the login credentials.
- Candidates shortlisted for the next round of the selection process are contacted by the Foundation who are required to produce certified supporting documents.
- The last round of the selection process is the interview round, for which candidates have to come down to the Foundation's office.The Foundation announces the final list of shortlisted candidates by the end of June or first week of July.
- Mark sheets of Xth, XIIth, and all degree certificates.
- Score cards of any qualifying examination taken (Eg. GRE, GMAT,CAT, GATE etc).
- Copy of the admission letter(s) from the university, if obtained.
- Reference letters (in a sealed envelope).
- Statement of the course fee and any other financial document
- Attested copy of the passport.
- One passport size photograph.
- Latest Income Tax Returns of parents.
All applications will be screened for shortlisting and shortlisted candidates will be informed between the months of April-May. It is mandatory for all the shortlisted candidates to attend a personal interview in Mumbai in the month of June. The interview is the basis for final selection.
A two-day Orientation Program is held for all the shortlisted scholars in Mumbai in July. It is mandatory for every scholar to attend the Program.
All the paperwork pertaining to the Scholarship has to be completed on the second day of the Orientation Program. The paperwork will include the following:
- Memorandum of Understanding - Scholars will be required to sign the Memorandum of Understanding with the Foundation and agree to its terms and conditions.
- Undertaking - Guarantors along with the scholars will be required to sign an Undertaking.
- Insurance - Scholars are required to take out an Insurance Policy and assign the same to the Foundation which will be arranged by the Foundation itself.
After receiving a copy of the visa, the scholarship amount will be disbursed. Repayments will commence one year after the completion of the course as per the following schedule:
- 1st year after course completion: Nil
- 2nd year after course completion: 30% of the scholarship amount
- 3rd year after course completion: 35% of the scholarship amount
- 4th year after course completion: 35% of the scholarship amount
|Application Forms Now Available|