TOEFL® Scholarship Program in India
The TOEFL scholarship from Educational Testing Service (ETS) is designed to help further study outside India at any university or college listed in the TOEFL Destinations Directory (around 9,000 institutions across 130 countries.)
You can apply for this scholarship only if you have taken the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and received your test scores.
10 Indian students had received the TOEFL scholarship in 2015 out of which four were for undergraduate studies and remaining for post graduate studies.
About the scholarship
15 merit scholarships worth about US $7,000 each (about 4.7 lakh INR) are available this year. The scholarship amount must be used to study abroad and is applicable to only academic expenses. Transfer students are not eligible to apply to the TOEFL Scholarship Program in India.
|Application Forms Now Available|
• Deadline to apply online: 21 June, 2016
• Semifinalists to be notified to send additional information by: 14 July, 2016
You can apply for the scholarship if you are:
• a resident of India
• starting undergraduate or post graduate study between June 2016 and May 2017 at a university or college listed in the TOEFL® Destinations Directory (www.toeflgoanywhere.org)
• having a grade-point average of 80 or more on a 100-point scale, or a 3.0 grade-point average or more on a 4-point scale
• proficient in English with a valid TOEFL score
100 semi finalists will be selected from a very competitive pool of applicants, and will be further assessed on their English-communication skills, academic record, leadership skills, innovative ideas (as communicated in their essays) and extracurricular activities (such as community service.)
You can apply online for the TOEFL scholarship at https://aim.applyists.net/TIndia