UCD Scholarships For India Students
The University College of Dublin (UCD) has announced various scholarships for Indian students looking to apply for undergraduate, post-graduate and graduate programmes for 2016 - 2017 academic year. The scholarships on offer form part of the efforts by India and Ireland to strengthen educational ties. Currently, the University has over 5000 international students, which is over 30 per cent of all international students that come to study in Ireland. Take a look at the various University College Dublin scholarships on offer in 2016 and their requirements, if you are looking to apply for a study programme in Ireland.
|Application Forms Now Available|
You can apply for the following UCD scholarships:
1. Undergraduate scholarships:
UCD Global Excellence Undergraduate Scholarship (one year duration) You can apply for this scholarship if you have received an acceptance letter to a full-time undergraduate programme at UCD, are going to pay non-euro fees and live in India. 16 scholarships are on offer:
- 1 x 50% tuition fee scholarship (UCD V.V. Giri Global Excellence Undergraduate Scholarship - not applicable to Medicine and Medical Science, Veterinary Medicine, or Radiography)
- 5 x €5,000 tuition fee scholarships (science programmes)
- 10 x €3,000 tuition fee scholarships (Business, Social Science & Arts Programmes)
2. Graduate scholarships:
- UCD V.V Giri Global Excellence Graduate Scholarship - Four full (4 x 100% tuition fee) Masters Scholarships will be offered to Indian students studying graduate taught Masters in UCD for 2015.
- UCD Global Excellence Graduate Scholarship - 105 Masters scholarships (5 scholarships covering 50% of the tuition fee; 100 scholarships covering €3,000) will be offered to Indian students studying graduate-taught Masters in UCD for 2015. You can apply for this scholarship if you have gained admission to a full-time, one-year graduate-taught Masters programme at UCD.
3. Universitas 21 Alumni Scholarship
€3,000 tuition fee scholarship if you're a graduate from Delhi University (which is a UCD's Universitas 21 partner) & have been offered a place at UCD. You may apply by emailing to email@example.com to confirm your eligibility for this scholarship.
4. Government of Ireland Scholarships for India
This scholarship gives a full tuition fee waiver at UCD, as well as a stipend of €10,000 to cover living expenses for the year.
For 2017-2018 academic session, two fully-funded Government of Ireland Scholarships will be awarded to Indian students who gain admission to a one-year taught Masters programme at UCD. Further details to follow in February 2017.
(Also read: Top Reasons to Choose Ireland as a Study Destination)
- Last date for applications to be received by UCD for the various scholarships is 01 July ,2017. However the closing dates for all the courses are different and can be changed from time to time. Please visit http://www.ucd.ie/ for further details.
- You must be an Indian citizen or currently residing in India.
- Your application must be self-funding and be classified as non-EU for tuition fee purposes.
- You must hold an offer or acceptance letter to a full-time programme at UCD relevant for the given scholarship (a full time UCD Undergraduate programme or a full-time UCD taught Masters programme).
- If granted, your specific scholarship cannot be combined with any other tuition scholarship.
- The scholarship awards are applicable to tuition fees only.
- You must maintain an annual grade point average of 3.08/ 4.2 to be eligible for scholarship renewal.
- These scholarships are not available for clinical programmes.
- The graduate scholarships are available for most Graduate-Taught Masters offered by UCD with exception of Graduate-Taught Masters in the areas of Medicine and Medical Science, Veterinary Medicine, or in the Smurfit School of Business, or for Joint Masters. You can contact the University to find out if your course of choice is eligible for the scholarship or not.
For UCD V.V. Giri Global Excellence Undergraduate Scholarship, you must complete a supplemental application form in addition to the normal application process for your chosen undergraduate course. The Global Undergraduate Scholarship does not require a separate application form for applying to the scholarship; you only need to apply for your chosen course, and all applications received before 30 April, 2015 that fulfil the eligibility requirements will be considered for the scholarship.
To apply for UCD V.V Giri Global Excellence Graduate Scholarship, you must submit a supplemental application in addition to the normal application for the course of study. No separate application form is required to apply for the UCD Global Graduate Scholarship; you should send the completed application form for your choice of study and you will be considered for the scholarship if found eligible.
For further information on the application procedure and eligibility criteria for above scholarships, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Scholarships and Funding," University College oF Dublin, http://www.ucd.ie/international/study-at-ucd-global/coming-to-ireland/scholarships-and-funding/
"UCD Global Excellence Graduate Scholarship - (India)," http://www.ucd.ie/t4cms/Terms%20and%20Conditions-%20UCD%20Global%20Excellence%20Graduate%20Scholarship%20India.pdf
"UCD Global Graduate Scholarship," http://www.ucd.ie/t4cms/Terms%20and%20Conditions%20-%20UCD%20Global%20Graduate%20Scholarship.pdf
|Application Forms Now Available|