UGC PostDoctoral Fellowship For Womens
The University Grants Commission's (UGC) Post Doctoral Fellowship for Women Candidates is an excellent opportunity extended by the government to help unemployed women candidates pursue their dreams of advanced studies in the field of research, science, engineering and technology, humanities and social sciences in Indian universities and colleges recognized by the government under Section 2 (f) and section 12(B)of the UGC Act 1956.
UGC PostDoctoral Fellowship For Women:
Given below are details of Eligibility, Important dates, Application procedure and Fellowship Structure of the UGC PDFW scholarship.
- The target group has been specified as women who have a doctorate degree and are not employed. They, of course, must be keenly interested in pursuing research in their subject of interest and preferably should have published a research paper.
- Candidates must be not more than 55 years of age as on July 1 of the year of application. The age limit is 60 years for candidates under theSC, ST, OBC, and physically challenged categories.
- Applicants in the general category must have a minimum score of 55 per cent at the UG level and 60 per cent at the PG level. For applicants under the SC, ST, OBC, and physically challenged categories, the minimum requirement is 50 per cent at the UG level and 55 per cent at the PG level.
A total of 100 seats are available under the post doctorate fellowship and the duration of the fellowship is five years.
The structure of the financial assistance is as follows:
- Fellowship for fresh candidates is Rs.38,800 per month
- Fellowship for experienced researchers is Rs.46,500 per month
- Fellowship for others is Rs.18,000 per month for the first two years, and Rs.20,000 from the third year
- Contingency A is Rs.50,000 for five years
- Departmental assistance is 10% of the Post Doctoral Fellowship to the host institution
- Escort/Reader assistance is Rs.2,000 for physically and visually-challenged candidates
Candidates can apply by filling and submitting the online form, available at http://www.ugc.ac.in/pdfw/
Each year, when the application process commences, prospective applicants are notified thorough advertisements in leading newspapers and a notice on the official website.
Once you have submitted your application, the screening committee at UGC shortlists candidates. The shortlisted candidates are then interviewed by the selection committee. Based on the committee's decision and UGC guidelines, candidates are chosen.
For any general queries about the scholarship, send an e-mail to email@example.com. For any specific form-related queries, contact Mr. Dharmesh Shah by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applying for this scholarship for 2016 - 2017 was 30 June 2016