University of Southampton Scholarship
The University of Southampton, UK offers numerous scholarships under various departments for the international students. The departments of law, management, engineering & environment and psychology are offering scholarships to students of different amounts. These scholarships are meant for both bachelor's and master's programs although this may vary from department to department. The value of the scholarship varies between £1000 to £7000.
|Application Forms Now Available|
The department of Law at the University of Southampton is offering scholarships for its LL.M programmes in corporate and commercial law, European and comparative property law, European Law, Law, Information Technology and Commerce, International Business Law, International Law and Maritime Law.
The School of Management at Southampton is offering scholarships to students for M.Sc in International Management.
The faculty of Engineering & the Environment is offering scholarships to international fee-paying students.
Students of B.Sc (Hons) Psychology are going to be provided financial aid at the end of the first semester each year.
In order to apply for scholarships in undergraduate courses, students must have:
- At least 70% in Class XII from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) and Metro State Boards (Delhi, Maharashtra, Chennai, Kolkata and Karnataka);
- High grades in UK A levels;
- Between 28 and 38 points in the International Baccalaureate (IB).
In order to apply for scholarships in the postgraduate courses, students must have:
1. BA, BSc, BComm, LLB (when awarded by a Law College approved by the Indian Bar Council), B.ENg / B.Tech, M.Sc, M.A, M.Comm M.Tech, M.Eng, Ph.D from a recognised University or equivalent professional qualification with an overall qualification of at least 60%. However, the minimum overall percentage may vary depending on the departments. You will need to provide a subject credit certificate (transcript) plus graduation certificate;
2. Students interested in studying a Ph.D at the University of Southampton need good grades in their Bachelor's and Master's programmes awarded by a recognised Indian university as well as a strong research proposal.
The application for scholarships is usually done through an application form which may or may not be available online. Different departments have different criteria for application and all scholarship applications are subject to the specifics as directed by the concerned department.
For enquiries regarding admission and scholarships, students may contact the University through the following channels.
Telephone: +44(0)23 8059 9699
"Scholarships in UK", British Council Scholarships page, http://www.britishcouncil.in/study-uk/scholarships/scholarships-funded-other-organisations
"Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students at Southampton" International Students Postgraduate Scholarship Page, http://www.southampton.ac.uk/management/postgraduate/fees_and_funding.page#scholarships
"Eligibility Criteria for Indian students", Information for Indian Students Page,http://www.southampton.ac.uk/international/countrypages/India.shtml#.UguFCpJQFfs
"Law School Scholarships at Southampton", Education Times article on Law Scholarships at Southampton,
|Application Forms Now Available|