Upper Division Grade Limited Departmental Competitive Examination 2013
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold a Limited Departmental Competitive examination for available vacancies, for making additions to the select list of Upper Division Grade of the following services:
i) Central Secretariat Clerical Service
ii) Armed Forces Headquarters Clerical service
iii) Railway Board Secretariat Clerical service
iv) Election Commission Of India Clerical service
v) Central Vigilance Commission Clerical Service
vi) Department of Tourism (Headquarters Estt.) Clerical Service
vii) Ministry of Parliamentary affairs Clerical service
Only eligible employees will be considered for the appointments in the vacant posts.
Appearance of application forms in newspapers: 14 September, 2017
Last date of receipt of application forms at the Commission: 14 October, 2017
Date of SSC Upper Division Grade Limited Departmental Examination: 12 November, 2017
|Application Forms Now Available|
The exam centers are in
This is as per the enclosed rules framed and published in the Gazette of India by the Department of Personnel and Training vide Notification dated 11 May, 1971.
The candidates must select from the centers mentioned above in which she/he wishes to appear and mention it in the application. Applicants cannot ask for a change of center later on and the S.S.C. has the right to direct a candidate to any other center at its option.
- Length of Service: Any permanent, regular or temporary, regularly appointed person of the Lower Division Grade of the mentioned department who fulfills the requirements as per the "Crucial Date- 1 August, 2017" is eligible to appear in the Examination. He/She should have rendered not less than five years of approved and continuous service in the Lower Division Grade of the mentioned departments as on the Crucial Date and not less than 3 years of approved and continuous service in the Lower Division Clerk in Election Commission of India Clerical Service from the appointed date of the candidate.
- Age: the candidates should not be more than 50 years of age as on 1 August, 2017. This provision is not applicable for LCDs belonging to Armed Forces Headquarters Clerical Service. The upper age limit can be further considered if the candidate belongs to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes. The age limit can also be relaxed up to 3 years in case of Defense Service Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities and Border Security Force Personnel disabled in hostilities.
- Skill Test on computers: Unless exempted from passing the Monthly/Quarterly typewriting Test held by Staff Selection Commission for the purpose of confirmation in the Lower Division Grade, the candidate must have passed this test before the notification date of the examination.
- Certificate of Admission: candidates will be allowed to take the test only if he/she possesses the certificate of admission. The decision of the Commission to the eligibility and Admission of candidate is final.
- Candidates who after applying for admission to the Examination or after appearing at it resigns from his/her appointment in the Central Secretariat Clerical Services or Armed Forces Headquarters Clerical Services or Railway Board Secretariat Clerical Services or Election Commission of India Clerical services or Central Vigilance Commission Clerical Services or Department of Tourism Clerical services and Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs Clerical Services or is appointed as ex-cadre post without lien in Lower Division Grade will not be considered eligible. However this will be not the case for deputation.
The application form is available in the newspapers Employment New and Rozgar Samachar. The form may also be downloaded from the official website ssc.nic.in. Visit the application process page to get details about the application procedure.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The Exam will be conducted in two parts - Part I and Part II. The total marks of the exam will be 300 marks. Visit the exam pattern & syllabus page to get detailed information about the exam marking scheme and syllabus.
Notice, Staff Selection Commission, ssc.nic.in/notice/examnotice/UDC%20Deptt.Examination%202013.pdf