Exam Pattern & Syllabus - Upper Division Grade Ltd Departmental Exam 2013
SSC will conduct the Upper Division Grade Limited Departmental Exam 2017 in two parts - Part I and Part II.
- Part I: Candidates must answer 200 marks objective type questions in General Awareness (100 questions) and Comprehension and writing ability of English Language (100 questions). Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. The duration of examination is two hours for general candidates, from 10a.m. to 12 noon, and for Visually Handicapped students it is two hours forty minutes, from 10a.m. to 12.40p.m.
- Part II: This will comprise of essay type questions on noting, drafting and office procedures comprising of 100 marks. The duration for answering the paper is two hours, from 2p.m. to 4p.m. for general candidates and two hours forty minutes, from 2p.m. to 4.40p.m. for visually handicapped candidates.
- The entire paper must be answered either in English or in Hindi. In column 6 of the application form the language in which the candidate wants to answer the paper must be specified from beforehand.
- No credit will be given to answer scripts written in language other than the one specified.
- You will be allotted zero marks if you do not strike properly in the boxes provided for all details like name, Roll Number, Ticket Number, Date of Birth, Test Form Number, Category, Signature and Left thumb impression with Blue/Black ball point pen in OMR answer sheet.
- Qualifying marks for the post will be decided by SSC. Superficial knowledge will not fetch any marks.
- Illegible handwriting can cut 5% of the marks of the candidate. However credit will be given to orderly answers, exact expression and effective economy of words on the answer script.
|Application Forms Now Available|
A) General awareness: Questions will be aimed at assessing the candidate's general awareness of the environment around and its effects on the society. Current events, matters of day to day observations, India and its neighboring countries, Economics, Science, General Politics and Scientific research are the areas from where questions will be asked.
B) Comprehension skills and writing ability: Questions in this section will access the candidate's knowledge of English language, vocabulary, grammar, spelling, synonym, antonym, sentence structure, sentence completion, phrases and idiom from matriculation level.
A) Noting, Drafting and Office procedure: This paper will be designed to test knowledge of office procedure in the Secretariat and attached offices, and in general their ability to write and understand notes and drafts.
Candidates are required to study the manual of office procedure issued by Ministry of Railways, the Rules of Procedure and conduct of Business in the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha, Hand Book of orders issued by the ministry of Home Affairs regarding use of Hindi for Official purpose of the Union and Reservation Policy for SC/ST in services, and orders issued by Government thereon from time to time.
The commission at its discretion may fix qualifying marks for various categories of candidates in each paper or part thereof.
Provision for Visually Handicapped
- Visually Handicapped candidates (VH) with not less than 40% disability including blind and partially blind can avail a Scribe for writing the answers on their behalf and the application form must mention for the Scribe from the Commission. No attendants or scribes will be allowed in the examination hall from the candidate's side.
- For VH candidates there is no provision for paper in Braille and there will be no options for answering the papers in braille.
- Scribes are to be availed at the following centers only- Allahabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Guwahati and Raipur.
- VH candidates will be allowed 40 minutes extra for both the papers.
- One eyed candidates with less than 40% disability will not be allowed a scribe.
- There is a provision for magnifying glass for VH candidates and candidates can bring their own piece.
|Application Forms Now Available|