Tips on Stress Management
Following are some helpful tips of stress management and ways of reducing stress and anxiety. Read on to find more about A-Z of Stress Management.
A-Z Of Stress Management
- Always take time for yourself, at least 30 minutes per day.
- Be aware of your own stress meter: Know when to step back and cool down.
- Concentrate on controlling your own situation, without controlling everybody else.
- Daily exercise will burn off the stress chemicals.
- Eat lots of fresh fruit, veggies, bread and water; give your body the best for it to perform at its best.
- Forgive others, don't hold grudges and be tolerant -- not everyone is as capable as you.
- Gain perspective on things, how important is the issue ?
- Hugs, kisses and laughter: Have fun and don't be afraid to share your feelings with others.
- Identify stressors and plan to deal with them better next time.
- Judge your own performance realistically; don't set goals out of your own reach.
- Keep a positive attitude, your outlook will influence outcomes and the way others treat you.
- Limit alcohol, drugs and other stimulants, they affect your perception and behaviour.
- Manage money well, seek advice and save at least 10 per cent of what you earn.
- No is a word you need to learn to use without feeling guilty.
- Outdoor activities by yourself, or with friends and family, can be a great way to relax.
- Play your favourite music rather than watching television.
- Quit smoking: It is stressing your body daily, not to mention killing you too.
- Relationships: Nurture and enjoy them, learn to listen more and talk less.
- Sleep well, with a firm mattress and a supportive pillow; don't overheat yourself and allow plenty of ventilation.
- Treat yourself once a week with a massage, dinner out, the movies: Moderation is the key.
- Understand things from the other person's point of view.
- Verify information from the source before exploding.
- Worry less; it really does not get things completed better or quicker.
- Express: Make a regular retreat to your favourite space, make holidays part of your yearly plan and budget.
- Yearly goal setting: Plan what you want to achieve based on your priorities in your career, relationships, etc.
- Zest for life: Each day is a gift, smile and be thankful that you are a part of the bigger picture.
Click on the links in the box below for a complete guide on Stress Management.
Stress Management Guide
|Causes of Stress||Kinds of Stress |
Effects of Stress
|Tips to Reduce Stress|
|Exam Stress||Parenting Stress|
|Stress Due to Eating Disorders||Stress Among Adolescents |
|Stress Factors For Students||Coping Strategies for Stress|
|FAQs on Stress ||Decision Making|
|Application Forms Now Available|